• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Bobcat

OK , first off, I'm new to the "modern" air guns ... as a kid I had a collection of Daisy's and was really happy (cause I didn't know any better). Did progress somewhat to a Sheridan Blue Streak as I got older ... My neighbor has squirrels get into his house once year while he was in Florida ... absolutely destroyed his house and furniture ... The next fall before he went back to Florida he put "bounty" on "tree rats" ... offering me 50 cent per tail. Well, I decimated the red squirrel population that winter ... nothing was crawling in the trees when he returned home that spring ... gave "silent spring" a whole new meaning.
OK, so enough history about me and on to my question ... I've never owned a PCP and Im getting ready to "pull the trigger" on a FX Bobcat ... just want to check to see it there is anything (positive or negatives) that I should be aware of before placing my order. All opinions are welcome....
Regards,
Arch

I have 3 bobcats, 22, 25 and 30 cal. .....and love them. They are a tad heavy with big glass and bipod. My 25 has a Hawke 6.5X24 56mm SR reticle. This setup is nothing short of perfect. You can adjust the BC power to any situation that you need. I am using a hugget moderator and mostly shoot on medium power. For what you are doing, this would be my choice. Keep in mind you will get a few letters from the ISU.....(international squirrel union) for not giving thier members a chance..... I also use an Atlas bipod. The only real problem is that at 30 yards you be be using the same hole for target practice, which will be a problem unless you use a pellet stop like Ted uses, ie full of shedded rubber mulch. I also have a 22 Wildcat. Same sort of gun as the bobcat, except lighter and can not be adjusted.