• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Bobcat MK2 (.25) Regulator Pressure

Hi All,

Just received my .25 FX Bobcat Mk2 and am still working out some accuracy issues (some me and some potentially gun related...). Despite varying air reservoir pressure/fill levels - my regulator generally sticks exactly at 132 BAR (+/1 one BAR) across shots. AOA chrony'd my gun at ~912-916 FPS.

Can anyone else share what your .25 regulator pressure shows? I cant seem to find any online information about what is "correct."

Thanks!

"30cal"Congrats on the new gun! I love the look of the BC. Sounds like the reg is doing what it should. As long as the reservoir pressure is higher than the set pressure of the regulator the shots should be about the same speed. What pellets have you tried? And which pellets did AoA test it with?
Thanks 30 CAL and Pulps! Love the performance and quality - not crazy about the weight!

AOA tested with JSB Exact Diablo (25.4 gram) and I also use the same pellets. Its interesting that we are seeing exact model rifles at different factory settings. The difference between 132 and 140 BAR is over 6% - it would be nice to know what regulator pressure is recommended by FX - as opposed to "getting what you get" out of the box. I understand that there are going to be some slight manufacturing variances between rifles - but I'd love to see a recommended value for each caliber's regulator for optimal performance.

Funny to see this post.....was just gonna post something very similar. Mine is a MKII .25 and the regulator gauge shows just under 140...call it 138-139.

Even when the regulator shows 138-139, if my main tube gets close to 200 bar, I seem to notice a drop off in power ie increased holdover is required. Is it me or has anyone else noticed this? Is it an available air volume issue? My initial thought is that the regulator would help avoid this, at least until the regulator gauge started showing less pressure.

Again.....could just be me! Lol

Love this rifle. Sitting on the deck now, smacking chipmunks at 70+ yards with ease.

"frambonian"Funny to see this post.....was just gonna post something very similar. Mine is a MKII .25 and the regulator gauge shows just under 140...call it 138-139.

Even when the regulator shows 138-139, if my main tube gets close to 200 bar, I seem to notice a drop off in power ie increased holdover is required. Is it me or has anyone else noticed this? Is it an available air volume issue? My initial thought is that the regulator would help avoid this, at least until the regulator gauge started showing less pressure.

Again.....could just be me! Lol

Love this rifle. Sitting on the deck now, smacking chipmunks at 70+ yards with ease.
Frambonian,

Save some of those chipmunks for the rest of us! :)

Because we don't have at our disposal a spec sheet that shows the "authoritative numbers" - you'd be pressed to Chrony it to really know its unique performance. Bummer because I really don't want to buy another air rifle related item (wife is starting to eyeball my spending). Since I am still getting acquainted with my MK2, I dont yet have a good sense of when it's performance drops off because I only received the 6 shot chrony printout from AOA. On the reverse side, I've seen some shot strings start out somewhat whacko when the gun is filled to capacity - then it settles into a long sweet spot then eventually drops off in FPS.

I guess it all depends on how much you really want to know about you gun's performance. Sounds like I am ordering a Chrony.......

Hello all, I'm new in the airgun as well. I got my on Sep 28, and it is 135-150. I have a problem that I couldn't fill the tube to 220bar, only 170 max (after I tried 3 times). After I take the adaptor out, one of the white O Ring is gone. I went to HomeDepot buy few for temporary, and still waiting from AoA to open back on Oct 4. Is any one have the problem filling to the cylinder? 
Thanks 
imagejpeg