• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Bobcat MK2 .25 cal and I want bigger caliber.

I really like my Bobcat and scope combination for what I do with it, shooting squirrels out to 70 yards accurately taking their heads off with Baracuda Hunter Extreme's on the dairy and around the outskirts of town where I try to rid homeowners of the pesty things digging up their yards. This a great combo but when I try to reach out farther I still hit my intended targets but not as accurately. This makes me not want to shoot much past 70 yards so my thinking is I need a bigger gun and more powerful scope. I shoot from a sandbag on a tripod in a sitting or standing position or a sandbag on the window of my car always as steady as possible. So I have been looking into big bore rifles for this purpose and here is where my question is. I know there are many different opinions on this so please don't presume your opinion won't be taken into account. I don't have the ability to go out and buy anything I want so I am a long way from a big bore. I've seen on you tube where an Airforce .257 cal or .357 and of course .30 cal everything. Edgun to you name it whatever it is I will save and in time purchase my big bore. I also want quiet so where do I go for this super combo. I know they keep making new guns and amo and improve as time goes like cast bullets and hollow point and such. I am trying to put a gun and scope combo to reach from 80 yards to 120 yards quietly to reduce a squirrel on impact so it doesn't run off wounded. There is almost always a little breeze outdoors and gusty bursts so under those conditions my .25 is really susceptible to movement and misses. I realize that even after holding the rifle as steady as possible weather conditions take effect and that is the part I am trying to overcome with the weight of a big bore projectile. I saved for a long time to get my Bobcat and the rock solid reputation and quality drove me to this rifle even though there were newer ones from FX . I want to take it out and shoot it not work on it, I am terrible at fixing things but good at operating them. 
Thank You for considering an answer ! 

fx

so I have been looking 

The barracuda hunter extremes may well be the problem there rather than the caliber. Never seen them or any other hollow point give good long range accuracy. The squirrel will be just as dead with a good domed pellet which almost always means some form of jsb exact with fx. 
Of course shooting technique, position and things like wind and the accuracy of your ballistic calculations are big factors out at longer ranges too - bigger calibers won't make any of that go away, except possibly a bit of wind drift. Bottom line is it will remain challenging beyond 70-80 yards whatever you're shooting.