• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Bobcat MK2 .22 shot string

I had the same trouble with my bobcat. Your right, at 25 yards, it should be producing one hole groups. I found mine to be very pellet fussy. I tried every size and weight of JSB but had no success. In the end I settled on bisley magnums and I'm now getting decent groups. I'm not saying yours will shoot bus mags as well as mine but I found pellet choice made all the difference in the end. I also lightly lube my pellets with ballistol which tightened up my groups further. I think it's a shame that fx don't include a test card with their guns stating which pellets work best, it would have saved me a fortune! Good luck anyway 

@ KYairgunner : I've tried JSB 14,35 gr ; 15;89 gr ; 18,13 gr also the Defiant 16 gr and H&N Hunter Extreme 19,09 gr. The JSB 18,13 gr performed best.

On power level 3 it's more accurate than on 2 and 1 ...but the thing is ...I don't need > 30 footpound in my backyard, I bought the gun so I could also shoot on e.g. 15 or 10 Fp/e. I was thinking maybe the fault is in the changeable transfer port(s) ?
Also a difference of 15 feet in a regulated gun seems too much IMO

@ Micbro : I think Bisley Magnums are the same as H&N Barracuda. I will try them.

The gun has it all...except the accuracy that I'm used to with my old BSA Scorpion.

Couple things to check... how is your magazine? Is the loading smooth as butter or do you feel some stiff spots while moving the lever. The spring tension on my magazine was way too tight the loading was notch because the skirt and head had too much side pressure on it while loading. Also are you using the factory moderator exrension? Pellet could clip it slightly I opened up the hole slightly. Did not affect sound but helped accuracy. My Bobcat now makes one holes out to 50 with any power setting. Using 16 and 18 JSB. Also I usually run some cleaning pellets if I see accuracy starting to degrade...usually around 2k pellets.

It sounds to me like your transfer port is slightly out of alignment. I once twisted the barrel by mistake on my 30 Bobcat and it went from tack driver to scatter gun in the blink of an eye. My suggestion would be to remove the shroud and then the barrel so you can check the alignment of the transfer port. Luckily, there is a video showing how to do it. Here is the link:

Scott

The transfer port is as a hole in the brass breech end of the barrel.

Follow these steps to align the brass transfer port:
  1. Once you have the shroud removed, remove the barrel. Remove the rear most set screw (see picture):
  2. Once set screw is removed, look inside the screw hole and make sure the brass indentation is perfectly centered in the hole. You should be able to twist the barrel gently to align it (see picture):
  3. Here is what the brass indent looks like with the barrel removed. This is the indent that must be perfectly aligned and centered in the screw hole.
  4. The last step before replacing the set screws is to check that the magazine can still be inserted and that the brass section is perfectly flush as shown in this picture:

[/LIST=1]
    Hope that helps.

Scott