• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Bobcat Mk1 30 cal., repair ideas, opinions please

Hi:
I have a Fx Bobcat Mk1 in 30 cal. This gun was one of the first ones to come out in 2013. It has the first type of stock, so you don’t need to remove the airtube to take apart action from stock. The gun shoots (used to) EXCELLENT, very accurate and a pleasure for me. I’d hate to lose it.

This is the model that has the infamous “copper tubing” & array of dowty seals at the back of the action:

IMG_3912.jpg

Some years ago I put it on the safe, and now I got it out, but guess what: it leaks. It leaks from the dowty seals array sector. I want to repair it and have some ideas listed below.
Can you please share your opinions and experiences about this? Thank You !!!!

“Plan A”
: Get an airtube of a Bobcat Mk2, which has the fill nipple and manometer in the end of the airtube. Will need to replace parts named “Y” (see details below) with the same parts of an unregulated Mk1 (or from a Mk2, will it fit?). Or maybe “plug & adapt” existing Y parts.
This plan eliminates the “copper tubing” & dowty seals array, which is what I want.
This would the most preferred plan, but I fear that finding a Bobcat Mk2 airtube shall be difficult...

“Plan B”: Replace parts named “Y” with similar parts but from a Fx bottle gun (Boss or Royale). Is this possible? Then, the fill nipple will be located between airtube and block. Will need to alter the synthetic stock (slightly) for the fill nipple to be accessible. Also, with this plan I’ll probably lose the manometer, so this gun will have no pressure gauge. Not a deal breaker for me.
This plan also eliminates the “copper tubing” & dowty seals array. That’s why this plan, even with all its shortcomings, is still preferred to plan C below.

“Plan C”: Just replace the damn leaky dowty seals with new ones!!!!
With this plan I don’t eliminate the “copper tubing” & array of dowty seals. Also, I have read here and there, that one might damage the copper tubing during the disassembly/assembly process, and then this plan goes to trash.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank You.

Bobcat Mk1 Parts Diagram:

parts compete.png

Detail of attachment airtube to block (Y parts):

parts Y.png

Actual picture of that Y part (assembled):

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

I hear ya.... This is the best shooting airgun I've ever had. Absolutely.
That's why I'm determined to fix it.
Thanks for your opinion!!
Lmk how that works out & what you did please. Any knowledge I get about these early Bobcats will probably be useful sooner or later. When my Cat was given to me I thought it would hardly get used. I use it EVERY time I go out in the field. The accuracy & range never cease to amaze!