FX Bobcat I/II or FX Wildcat?

Tough to say as nobody has gotten their hands on the Wildcat. I have it, but never owned a Bobcat so I cant say pros and cons. For now you must look at the specifications and separate them there. There is also esthetics to consider. I like the Wildcat over the Bobcat, as I think it looks more sleek and simplistic compared to a little bulkier Bobcat (Don't kill me Bobcat owners). Wait for @Ted to get his, and you will probably get a notion of which to choose.
Best of luck in your quest. :)

I have the bobcat and it's a dream to shoot. Some people on the forum do have the wildcat. Reviews should be up soon. If you want a light weight gun for handheld shooting then get the wildcat. It's regulated, has the front side lever for quick reloads and I am sure it will deliver fx grade accuracy.

The bobcat is a bit heavier and better suited for benchrest. Then again in .22 and .25 the bobcat has the power wheel adjuster where you can choose power settings and at low power you can get many more shots. The wildcat has no power wheel. The bobcat MK1 comes in options where you can get it regulated while the MK2 comes pre regulated. . In the 30 cal the bobcat comes prefixed with a regulator. It's a mean gun in 30 and super accurate. You will need a hugget shroud to quiten it since it cracks loud. Depending on your need you can decide which one to pick. 

"nelo64"I purchased the .25 Wildcat over Bobcat for the following reasons:
  • Ergonomics and Style
  • Weight
  • Price
  • Regulated (High Shot Count)
  • magazine easy to load and relatively inexpensive
If I were on the market for .30 call bullpup then it would have to be the Bobcat MKII.

My 2 cents.

Yep, price difference here is circa £400. That's a lot given there's so little difference between the two. The main difference in features noted so far is the adjustable power settings of the Bobcat. Apparently the Wildcat doesn't have that. But surely that alone doesn't account for a price difference of £400?

Great topic, I too am contemplating which one to choose and for me I think my choice will be the Bobcat and here's why. Realistically I can only have one rifle because of limited finances, at my age I have to be very careful. I want to pest control and having the power wheel will let me shoot squirrels outside and then on low power I can shoot inside the barn at mice and rats. So although the smaller Wildcat would be perfect I have to go with the power wheel on the Bobcat. After saving and selling my current FX rifle I will be a proud owner of a .25 cal Bobcat.

Please forgive the intrusion. I would go with the Bobcat MKII -mine in .22 caliber.I have the Wildcat in .25caliber but is on the sideline due to the magazine rotating problem - won't index properly. It is used as a single-fed -shot rifle until I can get it to proper servicing tech. But my Bobcat took a fall from a Caldwell Pod (5 feet or so) and it shows no sign of leakage nor breakage!!! It had its breech seal changed twice due to overzealous use of non-domed pellets. The HN Sniper Magnums(18gr)V pellet seem to pull on the breech seal and I have to reseat the o-ring after its use - I get tight groups of 10 (read Ted's Holdover discussion on 10-shot over 5-shot groups) at 50 yards. It also likes most JSB makes. I shoot indoors at my home or office on medium power but only have hunted rats on my friend's pig farm. 
Due to the lack of time and space, I have not been able to see what it will personally do at farther ranges. Velocity at medium runs about 700fps. High in the 900fps. Straight from the box and dropped site.....
The Bobcat caught my attention when Ted Holdover was taking out pests on YouTube. Next purchase would be a Bobcat in .25 or .30 - the Impact purchase will be after the improvements come from FX.
Hope your choice makes you happy!
Aloha!

Yes, as I understand it maybe just the lever arm itself that must be smoothed out. It is posted on YouTube but I have not the time nor the tools yet to attempt this process. It worked well out of the box for a couple of weeks until my mags started to drag. It was a time of magazine shortages and I had only one mag...the mag had started to show gouges and scratch marks. I could have contributed to the problem by rotating the mag in the improper direction n order to get it seated. Soon the gun would not take the mag.
It still shoots well in single fed mode but again I wanted a repeater.... 
I still have no regrets in the purchase though.

RichardUK, I own both a Bobcat & Wildcat. At the time I wanted a .30 cal & the Bobcat was my choice but I will tell you it's heavier & more expensive. When you shoulder the Bobcat the cocking lever is near your ear & the safety is not easily found either. The Wildcat is by far the better choice in my opinion (price & cocking lever location) but the safety is still at the very back. The only two drawbacks with the Wildcat is 8 shot mag (want more) & the safety is located ar the very rear. The .22 cal is even shorter & lighter + 500 pellets in a tin. 

"Longbrownbox"RichardUK, I own both a Bobcat & Wildcat. At the time I wanted a .30 cal & the Bobcat was my choice but I will tell you it's heavier & more expensive. When you shoulder the Bobcat the cocking lever is near your ear & the safety is not easily found either. The Wildcat is by far the better choice in my opinion (price & cocking lever location) but the safety is still at the very back. The only two drawbacks with the Wildcat is 8 shot mag (want more) & the safety is located ar the very rear. The .22 cal is even shorter & lighter + 500 pellets in a tin.
Own? Don't you mean owned? %^)
😃