FX Bobcat .25 MKII Grouping Pics

Hey guys,
We are getting rained on, and will for days to come here in Texas, so I thought I would share some data I collected the other day since I can't get out and shoot. Hope you like it.

Since I did this for my Streamline, I thought I would do the same for my .25 Bobcat. If you want you can jump on down and check out the pics and the summary, otherwise here is what I did.

Setup:
FX Bobcat .25 MKII
Hawke 8-32x56 SF 20x Half Mil Dot IR set at approx 30x
EDIT: Huggett Moderator (sorry forgot to include since it such a natural part of the gun, very nice looking and very effective.)
shooting off front and rear sand bag rests
SST (single shot tray) from Evensteven101 on ebay.
Targets set at 30yards.
3 shots at each bull (exception AirArms 4 shots total)
all shots measured edge to edge, not center to center.

Pellets tested:
Benjamin Domed .25 6.4mm heads (no wt given)
AirArms Diabolo Field .25, 6.35mm heads, 25.4gr
JSB Exact King Heavy Diabolo MKII .25, 6.35mm, 33.95gr
JSB Exact King Diabolo .25, 6.35mm, 25.39gr

Benjamin results:
470eee73f66f4161f8695943bfc0a4b9.jpg

The Benjamin group was .508 edge to edge.

AirArms Diabolo Field results:
ce7c93b1293e9fc0760cfdd3555c2091.jpg

The AirArms group was at best .303 and worst .789
Explanation: The first shot hit near the "#21" bull. I got interrupted and came back and reset the rifle and shot the next two in the single hole group, so I went ahead and shot a fourth shot and it hit in the same hole as the 2 previous shots. I really think I had the gun somewhat pre-loaded between the two bags on the first shot, so that was all on me.

JSB Exact King Heavy Diabolo MKII results:
b9207557343a20333d6372e8327edcf8.jpg

The JSB Heavies had a grouping of .423. Actually two shots were exactly in the same hole, so maybe the third was on me? very well could be.

JSB Exact King Diabolo 25.39g results:
1c2e12d2e802b74b563d4bb0c9a31393.jpg

The JSB 25.39gr group was .350 edge to edge, with two shots in the same hole. So again the third shot being off a little very well could have been me getting giddy with excitement? lol.

SUMMARY:
Benjamin results: .508 edge to edge
AirArms Diabolo Field results: .303 best or .789 worst case edge to edge
JSB Exact King Heavy Diabolo MKII results: .423 edge to edge
JSB Exact King Diabolo 25.39g results: .350 edge to edge

Observations: I did not plan on posting these results when I shot them, I was doing it for my own enjoyment and experimentation. So with that said I didn't feel any pressure to perform or even be as scientific in my approach and procedures as I would normally (see my thread on the streamline similar subject). I would have shot more groups with each to get a better representation of the performance of each pellet. Ok, so with all the disclaimers out of the way I think the FX bobcat is a proven platform, it has performed well at competitions and has been a trend setter for several years now. I think it is a somewhat over looked gun that fits some very nice niches. I consider it a carbine, that I can use in benchrest shooting and even sitting style hunting. So it has a wide range of capabilities IMO. 

SUMMARY OF PERFORMANCE:
In all honesty at these distance I don't think any reall conclusions can be reached as to what pellet would perform at long range. With that said, I would feel pretty comfortable picking up any of these pellets to use for plinking and possibly short range hunting, 50 yards or less. Personally I have been using the JSB 25.39g most extensively and the occasional AirArms pellet with very satisfactory results. I have shot the JSB 25.39g out to 75 yards in the past and was very very pleased with the results, sorry no experience with the others at that range yet. Maybe later if you guys like what I am doing and want to see more. 

Feedback, questions are always appreciated and if you feel like it press that (+) accuracy button, it is always appreciated and gives me an idea of what you like to see written up here on AGN. Thanks to Michael the moderators for their time and efforts to provide us this platform to share.

Good Info!
I think the Bobcat is a great rifle too. I had the .30 cal MkII and posted a 7/16 in CTC group at 60 yards with it over a year ago. I only sold it because it was a beast to pump, as nearest fill station too far to make it practical.

I think .25 cal is quickly becoming my favorite caliber. How would you compair/ contrast Streamline and Bobcat? What do you feel is the best roll for each? 

Hope the weather clears for you soon.

"Dave"Good Info!
I think the Bobcat is a great rifle too. I had the .30 cal MkII and posted a 7/16 in CTC group at 60 yards with it over a year ago. I only sold it because it was a beast to pump, as nearest fill station too far to make it practical.

I think .25 cal is quickly becoming my favorite caliber. How would you compair/ contrast Streamline and Bobcat? What do you feel is the best roll for each? 

Hope the weather clears for you soon.

Good Question Dave!
I like the Bobcat for some of the exact opposite reasons I like the Streamline. Let me explain.
Bobcat is a beefy gun, shorter but still a slightly heavier gun than the Streamline. This makes the Bobcat a nice bench style platform. Meanwhile the Streamline is just that, more streamlined, lighter, easier to handle and well balanced for off hand shooting or off shooting sticks in the woods. The streamline was bought to be my light weight carry hunting gun, the Bobcat more of sitting hunting and bench, off the porch style of shooting. In all honesty, I actually have hunted more with the Bobcat, walking than I have the streamline at this point, but this will change as fall and winter get here. The streamline will fill the walking hunting role.

Accuracy: Bobcat is proven out to 75 yards to be very repeatable. At 30 yards, I think I have had more 3shots in one hole with the streamline than the Bobcat, but there could be other things to consider for that, so just say they are both great at 30 yards, even though I think the comparison I have posted would probably show the Bobcat being better? I have actually shot more hole in hole shots at 30yds with the streamline, just not that I have published.

The trigger on the streamline is, I'm guessing half the pull weight of the Bobcat, neither has been tampered with. I like to shoot "out of the box" for awhile to get to know the guns and give them a chance to settle in, before adjusting anything. So this could be rectified in the near future, just have not touched either yet. The trigger on the streamline is absolutely wonderful and I must say that the light crisp second stage break is probably why it is proving to be more accurate off the 30yd bench.

Cheek weld on both guns is good if not excellent. Stocks fit me well. I think the Bobcat might be a little harder to get a repeatable cheek position on, but I am still working on establishing consistent repeatable landmarks to hit with my interface to the gun. The Streamline sits in the same position every time. Probably since it is more of a conventional style of stock, I'm probably just more use to this type of interface with the gun. I'm really reaching on this topic to even pick on the bobcat at all. It's more me than the gun.

I would put a bipod on the the Bobcat, but not the streamline. More for personal reasons, and the way I use the guns, but the streamline fore-stock is so much lighter I don't want to put the physical loads on the stock. But really for my use, I don't want a bipod on the streamline. Then the Bobcat would or is a perfect candidate for installing a Bipod and one will be in it's future.
By the way, both of mine are the synthetic stocks. If I could change anything? Maybe get the manometer off the end of the barrel so I don't have to look down the wrong end of the barrel? lol.

Summary: Both guns are great and I am glad to own them both. Did I leave anything out?

Thanks!

I think that covers most everything.

I think the streamline is better served in walnut or laminate if you plan on a bipod mount. The stock doesn't have the flex the synthetic one does.
I too like to break in a gun and get a feel for it before adjusting anything .

I agree that looking down the buisness end to check pressure goes against safety as we are taught.

"crittahitta"Nice shooting FunGun. Which gun is more powerful? Or did I miss that?
No you didn't miss it. I was going to wait till I run the Bobcat over the chrony thread to discuss that, but since you asked I will share that now. 

The Bobcat spits out the JSB 25.39 on average at 952fps and the Streamline averages out at 945.4fps, so the nod goes to the Bobcat. 

With the Heavy MKII JSB 33.95 the Bobcat spits em out at 839.4fps and the Streamline averages 831.9 so again the FPE would go to the Bobcat, but not by much.

"intenseaty22"Very interesting, at one point I considered the MK2 as an option, but I always thought of it as a hunting gun, not a target gun. Good info. Stay dry!
If you are interested take a look at the results of the past EBR and I think it shows it can compete.

http://www.extremebenchrest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/EBR-Finals.jpeg
took 9th and 10th in the pro class.

http://www.extremebenchrest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/EBR-Finals4.jpeg
took second and 16th in pro class

In 2014 it took 4th and 11th in pro class