• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Bobcat .25 magazines

I am considering making some aftermarket magazines for the FX bobcat, (.25 would be the first priority because that is what I own).

I figure if I can make some mags and supply them cheaper than 90 bucks a rip that would be great. It would be even better to improve the mags for higher capacity, reliability, easier loading, etc...

Here are the things I would aim to improve:

Cost- which is my main motivator for starting this project
max loadable pellet length - I want to be able to load Polymags into my magazines and I am sure I am not alone on that one
Capacity - nobody ever complains about having too many pellets in one mag

now I have only owned my bobcat for about a month so I need some input from guys who have used, abused, and broken their guns/magazines. so my question to all royale and bobcat owners is: what other improvements could be made? what issues have you had with your FX magazines that you would like to see addressed?

this project is not going to be cheap (initially) as I will likely have to buy at least 10-15 units to offset the cost of having the fixtures made and machine time for the prototypes so I want to make these mags as nice as possible.

Reactions: Ian
I commend you for taking the initiative to develop and produce a magazine alternative for the FX Royale/Bobcat. I had a .30 Bobcat and my only gripe, though minor, was having to load the first pellet skirt first while keeping the sliding cover under tension. Though the magazine worked fine for me, I always found loading my DayState magazines much easier.

I don't think anyone is going to complain about having a larger capacity magazine, just be aware of scope clearance is all. 

Best at of luck in your endeavor!
Scott