• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Barrel Tuner mod

I've been fiddling with an FX barrel tuner on my Dreamline Tact. I've gone full rabbit hole on the barrel, CF sleeve over the liner and a CF shroud. I'm using the barrel tuner to tension the CF shroud. My quandary was how to get consistent tension on the shroud to allow greater repeatability with the barrel tuner.

What I came up with is a very simple solution. I found that a 1/4" drive, 1/2" socket fit over the threaded end of the tuner and a 3/32" hex wrench fit in the hole. Then it was just a matter of cutting a couple of slots in the deep enough so the socket bottomed out on the threaded portion of the tune. I used a Dremel cutting wheel to make the slots. A 1/4" socket adapter was added to a Wheeler torque wrench. I also added a tiny bit of heat shrink to the hex wrench to keep it from sliding all the way through the hole.

I also engraved numbers on the barrel tuner to make easier to keep track of my settings.

I'm just starting to experiment with the settings. My initial settings are between 25 - 30 in/lb. I'll update the post with whether it makes a difference. My goal with whole project is to wring as much accuracy as possible just for the sheer sport of it. Such a deep,deep rabbit hole...

Thurber-2.jpg

Thurber-4.jpg

Thurber-7.jpg