• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX barrel tensioner

I just watched Matt Dubber's on the new FX barrel tensioning system. One part intrigued me, which was the barrel nut that threaded on the end of the barrel to tighten down the CF shroud. I've been attempting the same thing a barrel tuner, which works, but every time its taken off the tension is lost. Another interesting feature of the nut is that it has 18 mm flats that would allow for consistent tightening.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket part that is similar to the FX part? Or has anyone made something like that?

I just watched Matt Dubber's on the new FX barrel tensioning system. One part intrigued me, which was the barrel nut that threaded on the end of the barrel to tighten down the CF shroud. I've been attempting the same thing a barrel tuner, which works, but every time its taken off the tension is lost. Another interesting feature of the nut is that it has 18 mm flats that would allow for consistent tightening.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket part that is similar to the FX part? Or has anyone made something like that?
Several people have. Ernest had a spacer to tension the shroud. There is a company that apparently originally made a collar just like the one fx has. But fx made it cheaper. Just like fx made a cheaper version of the original barrel tuner. Boy that kind of makes fx look like the Swedish version of the Chinese! Copy and make it cheaper.... 😆

Allen

Reactions: qball
DonnyFL makes one.
Donny.JPG

Reactions: qball