FX Ballistic Chronograph

Hi, Did anyone catch the presentation of the new FX Ballistic Chronograph (not the pocket chronograph) at ShotShow 2023? It is presented in the video link at 4:40:

Obscure channel, but had some cool stuff. Maybe I missed an earlier FX announcement or maybe I am stealing someones thunder, but I am VERY interested in this product. That and the digital spotting scope camera sounds intriguing albeit expensive.

BTW the new Burris scope would be cheating on Field Target ;)

Dan

Hi, Did anyone catch the presentation of the new FX Ballistic Chronograph (not the pocket chronograph) at ShotShow 2023? It is presented in the video link at 4:40:

Obscure channel, but had some cool stuff. Maybe I missed an earlier FX announcement or maybe I am stealing someones thunder, but I am VERY interested in this product. That and the digital spotting scope camera sounds intriguing albeit expensive.

BTW the new Burris scope would be cheating on Field Target ;)

Dan
I caught it on Backfire's video. I hope they actually bring it to market in March, but based on past performance (Halo pellet / slugs?) I won't be holding my breath.

Reactions: iobrien1
I think this thing still needs some work. Check out the speeds.

5EE9AE5B-4FC5-4A59-9BE1-48676D816CA5.jpeg

Yeah, looks like the same issues that have me wanting to throw my pocket chrony against the wall most days. :(
My FX Pocket is fine, had a touch of an issue after the last update...I DO LOVE the shot count/magazine feature. Personally I'm not trying for 'ok there is the pellet speed, it's hitting, I'm good. I only use it for tuning. I've got mine about 4" or so back from the muzzle and set on 10%, seems to do the trick, now, this is with .22 and .,25 pellets, it has an issue with .17 or it's the gun jumping around, need to try to put the PC on a tripod and see what happens, note to self, don't try to put a pellet through it...again.

Reactions: M0ist0ne
So…..$999.99?

Very tempted by it but will have to see the price point.
$998.99 is my guess, I'm not sure I'm that desperate. I figure it this way they make ballistic calculators for a reason, once you know your FPE at the muzzle do the math for 25/50/75/100 then it's moot. A dead squirrel doesn't really care.

Reactions: qball
Using the Radar to calculate the BC is not a good idea unless you can put all the atmospheric conditions into it, as if it does not know what is happening with the air, the answer can be badly in error. I have compared the estimated drag coefficients of bullets direct from a Doppler radar and compared them to the calculated values from a comprehensive analysis program in the past to see if we could save analysis effort. Possibly the atmospheric conditions can be input into the FX app, I don't know.

Reactions: Macros