FX bad groups with slugliner and donnyfl ronin

Hello. Today I got my slugliner for my 700 mm 25. Cal. Fx impact. With the pellet liner I have been pushing mk2 33.95 grain at 950 FPS with nice groups at 100 yards. I have some nsa on its way in the mail so I decided to change the liner and shoot some groups with the MK2 33,95 pellets. And to my surprise they where all over the place at 30 yards . I tried to remove my Donny FL ronin and it gave me nice groups . Tried to reassemble everything a couple of times but still the same problem . Any ideas ? 

on my dreamline, the slug liner was slightly shorter than the original pellet liner, and this resulted in a different index position of the moderator when it was screwed on - the printing ends up on top, instead of on the side, about a 35-40 degree difference. i wonder if your moderator screws on a little bit further now, and causes a misalignment from a similar effect - I have heard of a few instances of the slug liners being a mm or two shorter.

FX is a good company and I would bet they will help. I would think it best to check with FX as clipping should not occur ever. I don't think it is a pervasive problem for them but it has been mentioned here often enough that the source needs to be isolated. There is a finite number of things that can cause this issue if they haven't already found the culprit I bet they want too. AEAC just posted a video if you watch it you do get the feeling of how much they care about quality and that there defect rate is low. If liners are leaving the factory or getting damaged in shipping its reasonable they could work out a solution. If the source turns out to be after the liner arrives at the dealer then users and dealers have to be aware of proper handling as to prevent future issues. drilling out moderators is a mask for a symptom not a fix. No manufacture can address an issue if they don't have access to product with the issue.

the term liner is used here but it could stand for any portion of the system that caused the issue.

It should be noted that moderators need to be manufactured to high standards or they could cause this.

on my dreamline, the slug liner was slightly shorter than the original pellet liner, and this resulted in a different index position of the moderator when it was screwed on - the printing ends up on top, instead of on the side, about a 35-40 degree difference. i wonder if your moderator screws on a little bit further now, and causes a misalignment from a similar effect - I have heard of a few instances of the slug liners being a mm or two shorter.

I emailed donnyfl and he said the same. I will check my liners to see if this one shorter 

See if there is any clipping where the moderator screws to the barrel.

Its hard to tell but I can’t see any signs of clipping there. 

I also measured the liners . They are the same length. 

I get nice groups with the shroud alone or the moderator alone but not together. 

tomorrow I will try the pelletliner again with the shroud and the donnyfl just to confirm it’s accurate with that combination.