• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Atomic pellets- Hades by another name.

My first order of these is scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

When I saw the price on PA with no qty limits in place, I couldn't help but order 20 tins of .22's (and then post up the deal on AGN). Hades are my favorite hunting pellets in my favorite hunting caliber, for my needs with ground squirrels. And I'm quite sure that these will fly as true and hit as hard as Hades.

With 4 for 3, plus another 10% off discount, free shipping, but plus sales tax, these are only costing me $11.58 per tin, or 2.3 cents per round. A real bargain for hunting pellets these days, and one which likely won't last much longer.

Just out of curiosity has any one else noticed the whistle hades make. My wife says they sound like a bottle rocket. I’m not sure if I’m running them at just the right twist or something. 🤷🏻
I haven't been near someone shooting them, and my plenum filling up dominates every sound except the impact.

Just out of curiosity has any one else noticed the whistle hades make. My wife says they sound like a bottle rocket. I’m not sure if I’m running them at just the right twist or something. 🤷🏻
No, I haven’t heard any Hades pellets that making whistling sound when shot. Where is she standing in relation to you (or the shooter) when she hears this?

Behind bore but 15 ft to the side. I honestly hear a noise but I don’t think it’s a whistle more like pfffft. I believe it’s my gun. Shooting from katran b at 850 FPS. I don’t remember it happing on my other .22s why I thought it was twist rate or something. It’s strange but the pellet flying through the air makes it to loud to shoot in my back yard🤣. She was setting on deck and I was shooting behind her. Sheyelled at me thinking I was shooting bottle rockets out of the house. Not the whistler type just normal kind the ppppffftt pop. None of the other pellets I shoot make a noise.

2 FX pellet orders received from PA over the last 2 days. Now the Atomic pellet testing can start this weekend, although I don't expect any difference from Hades out of my Uragan Compact or M3 Compact.

IMG_2742.JPG

For those who are interested, I tested the Hades and Atomic pellets in .22 cal this morning in my top 2 compact hunter guns tuned for Hades/15.89's. Impact M3 compact (tuned 855 fps) and Uragan compact (809 fps, haven't tuned it from its 'as received' state, used from AoA). Guns started out filled to my normal working pressure fill: 230 bar for M3 and 250 bar for Uragan. 3 consecutive 5-shot groups from each gun at 25 yards. Fed from magazine for both guns. Front bipod and rear small bag - I don't normally use these guns on a bag in the field, but I felt that rear bag might be steadier for pellet accuracy testing. Winds - very light breeze, negligible.

And the big winner is: The M3 Compact! I didn't notice how much lighter & better its trigger tune is until shooting the guns side-by-side. But even with the differences in triggers, both of these guns perform equally well in the field and both have many ground squirrels to their credit. And misses in the field are low for each, equal in my opinion. Learning from this morning I will now work on tuning the Uragan for a bit more muzzle velocity to see if I can improve its accuracy further, even though it has been plenty accurate for field use already.

But this thread is about pellet differences between the JSB Hades and the FX labeled Hades (Atomic). And I do not see any practical difference between these 2 pellet labeled brands. If anything the Atomics may shoot slightly better out of the M3, or that could be the shooter, and not the pellet. Shooter status: 3 cups of dark roast on board! ;)

Set up and target in pics below. Both Hades and Atomic in my eyes are good to go.

IMG_2753.JPG

IMG_2754.JPG

Last edited: