• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX arrow barrel question

Lou

Oct 6, 2015
Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone that has an fx arrow barrel could tell me what is the diameter of the part that goes into the action? Also the diameter of the barrel and the arrows?

I have a spare pcp action that I would like to convert into an arrow pcp, the slot diameter is 12,5 mm. The good thing is that it has the transfer port built into the action so the barrel does not have to have it built in. I was thinking of making a barrel from titanium but I have no clue what the dimensions of the arrows are and I figured it would be much easier to just buy the fx barrel for 250$ and try to machine it to fit.

Thanks,
Lou

32765242725_0c18ab8763_c.jpg

32641420441_84ce19db4f_c.jpg

32384917390_a7b4173bb4_c.jpg

32384921310_f2761fff02_c.jpg

"GQ"arth-wader can you tell me what caliber is this barrel on the pictures ?
how long are the arrows ?
does it have a special knock inserted in the back ?
do the arrow have vanes !
where did you get those arrows ?
what speed do you shoot them with the Impact ?
I've shot arrows out of my bulldog, the arrows he showed do not look terribly tiny so they're probably just the standard carbon fiber arrows. I'm guessing, but its probably a .30 caliber Impact. 

"Auronotcs"
"GQ"arth-wader can you tell me what caliber is this barrel on the pictures ?
how long are the arrows ?
does it have a special knock inserted in the back ?
do the arrow have vanes !
where did you get those arrows ?
what speed do you shoot them with the Impact ?
Hi;

I am using .30 and its inner diameter is 7.62mm, the arrows are 7.4 so there is a very small gap. on the end of the arrows i am using 8mm barrel cleaning pellets :)
I just cut the end of the arrow to shorten it and get rid of the vanes; so the lenght of the arrows are as long as the barrel.
I got them from decatlon sports shop geologic carbon 500 (there are 3 versions of this carbon arrow, the right one is 500 not the 400 or 600)
I did not measured the weight of the arrow with the tip but the chrono was showing 225fps
I am using 150 bar, max power on 7.62. which is 80fpe with the JSB 44 grains