FX and the syndrome of restaurant without waitress.

The name of their game is what every manufacturer dreams about. All products always sold, nothing collecting dust or having its price reduced to move old inventory. Customers who bitch up a storm but stand in line for the next release or won’t sell their prize FX gun. Newbie YouTube addicts laying down more money than they ever spent on a gun believing they will be popping critters at firearm distances with ease. I’d say FX has the airgun community by the coin purse. I’m happy for them.

The name of their game is what every manufacturer dreams about. All products always sold, nothing collecting dust or having its price reduced to move old inventory. Customers who bitch up a storm but stand in line for the next release or won’t sell their prize FX gun. Newbie YouTube addicts laying down more money than they ever spent on a gun believing they will be popping critters at firearm distances with ease. I’d say FX has the airgun community by the coin purse. I’m happy for them.

Well said! I like it!

It’s like the line of people you see going into a restaurant and you wonder why all these folks are hanging out, waiting, instead of going somewhere else. Then you ask the guy ahead of you in line what’s the big deal, why’s everyone in line at this one restaurant? The guy ahead of you says have you ever tried their XXX MEAL? ITS TO DIE FOR!”

Then once you try it, you then know why it was worth waiting in line. I remember the first time I ever shot an FX, my wildcat MK2 in 30 cal. After that purchase from the classifieds, I was flat @$$ broke in play funds, so I threw on a wal mart centerpoint scope just so I could see what this FX was all about. When i cycled the ever so smooth cocking handle, and started stacking shots inside the 3/4” bullseye, it was at that moment I then understood why there was a big following to this brand of pcp. I was blown away. 

FX have it pretty good.

• Not only are they selling airguns faster than they can manufacture them
  • They have people convinced that fixing leaks is actually a good thing, like the MG cars from the 60s... working on it allows you to bond with it.

On the plus side, they certainly have rocked the airgun world, and are forcing other manufacturers to up their games.

I'm having my Royale & Boss buried with me! (Not today but when I die!). Those who own will understand & appreciate. Nothing wrong with a company having products so popular that they sell EVERYTHING they produce. Good for them. But, as Vetmx said there are a LOT of people who think the only thing involved in accurate long range shooting is the right tool. If only it were true but there are no shortcuts. Practice, practice, practice & familiarity with the equipment & surroundings are REALLY the ONLY things that ultimately bring that kind of shooting acumen. Glad FX produces products that make that long learning process so enjoyable! Glad I got mine when & how I did and didn't have to endure a long wait. For those who do, it will be worth it IMHO.

What is it that FX offers exactly? I know it's a safe luxury brand but it seems like I see more complaints about FX than other luxury airguns like the taipan and I scratch my head and wonder.

at one point someone I knew had a Mercedes. The doors were really solid - very satisfying to close them. Sitting in the car was very comfortable, everything was quality and well put together, operates smoothly, just where it should be. Didn't do one thing bette than my Subaru or Hyundai when it came to getting you somewhere and it had issues and was expensive to repair, but if I spent a ton of time in a car, the Mercedes would be more comfortable for sure. 

in my mind this is what FX offers, is that about right? quality smooth function and luxury styling / design along with typical high-end accuracy.

or are these truly superior match grade guns like those very expensive sub 500 FPS match pistols that exist, and people are winning more competitions with FX guns?

some day I will get a premium(ish) gun to balance out my airforce "utility" guns which remind me of my Subaru more than the Mercedes. Probably never get a luxury car so the Airgun will do. What I don't get is why anyone would buy an FX when taipan veterans exist - haven't seen one complaint about those guns and that is my personal holy grail.

What's the attraction, given the headaches?

What is it that FX offers exactly? I know it's a safe luxury brand but it seems like I see more complaints about FX than other luxury airguns like the taipan and I scratch my head and wonder.

at one point someone I knew had a Mercedes. The doors were really solid - very satisfying to close them. Sitting in the car was very comfortable, everything was quality and well put together, operates smoothly, just where it should be. Didn't do one thing bette than my Subaru or Hyundai when it came to getting you somewhere and it had issues and was expensive to repair, but if I spent a ton of time in a car, the Mercedes would be more comfortable for sure. 

in my mind this is what FX offers, is that about right? quality smooth function and luxury styling / design along with typical high-end accuracy.

or are these truly superior match grade guns like those very expensive sub 500 FPS match pistols that exist, and people are winning more competitions with FX guns?

some day I will get a premium(ish) gun to balance out my airforce "utility" guns which remind me of my Subaru more than the Mercedes. Probably never get a luxury car so the Airgun will do. What I don't get is why anyone would buy an FX when taipan veterans exist - haven't seen one complaint about those guns and that is my personal holy grail.

What's the attraction, given the headaches?

One reason is theres probably 30x more fx guns out there than taipans. And where you gonna come with a problem? Here 

Makes sense. When buying a 3d printer at my budget I had a choice between a more popular model with more issues (but very good community support and user base) versus a clearly superior printer with a smaller user base and less community support. I chose the latter and the printer has been so reliable that the lack of community support has not been an issue, but it was a risk. 

"theres probably 30x more fx guns out there than taipans. And where you gonna come with a problem?"

So in your opinion the FX situation is in large part just about popularity and people doing what's most popular for the sake of the community base? This is actually a pretty critical advantage for any tinkerer or hobbyist and in would definitely not buy a finicky gun without a big base to help me get it working well.

I have really wanted to get a huben K1 but I worry i'd be screwed if i had any problem because I see only occasional reports on this one. So given the money and a choice, I can see going for the Fx even if it's a headache since I could connect and get help. 

Ford , Chevrolet, Dodge .. Which one has the better truck ?

The topic is subjective depending on who you ask , one thing they ALL have in common , They all have a repair shop behind the sales showroom...

Food for thought , and applies to FX , Daystate , and yes even Crosman.. all big names and all have issues , common thread is shear Volume of sales...

The reason is simple......FX is the best, hands down. I'm in the queue for a MK3 Impact when it's released. I suspect I will wait about 2 years.

knock it off man, FX is terrible and no one in their right mine would buy one!!! 😉

to OP: FX is like a restaurant with waitress taking your order but won’t come back with your food for months! 

The reason is simple......FX is the best, hands down. I'm in the queue for a MK3 Impact when it's released. I suspect I will wait about 2 years.

knock it off man, FX is terrible and no one in their right mine would buy one!!! 😉

to OP: FX is like a restaurant with waitress taking your order but won’t come back with your food for months!

Now that's funny 😂

It is always frustrating to not be able to hand money over to get the product you want, FX has doubled it's workforce over the last 1-2 years, bought numerous new machines and still it cant keep up with the demand, a great place to be in business of course, but not where they want to be I suspect.

Did you put in an order for something?

It is always frustrating to not be able to hand money over to get the product you want, FX has doubled it's workforce over the last 1-2 years, bought numerous new machines and still it cant keep up with the demand, a great place to be in business of course, but not where they want to be I suspect.

Did you put in an order for something?

I normally buy what is available for inmmediate delivery.

I worked industrial maintenance for years and one thing I found was that equipment (any piece of equipment) that is properly used for its designed purpose it is eventually going to require some type of repair or maintenance. Hence, leaking O-rings, they are made from soft rubber and are the weak link in the air guns air delivery system. Another thing I learned is that how maintenance is performed is key to the longevity of the equipment after repair. Do you want Bubba to take it to his pigpen, tear it apart and throw it back together so he can hurry up and take a break or do we want the shiny penny guy with all of his repair manuals, special tools, repair bulletins, OEM parts in his squeaky clean work area to disect the equipment, analyze the failure and put the equipment back into "like new" condition? Myself, I'll take the later but if you choose to go with the Bubba repair don't blame the equipment manufacturer if the failure repeats.

IMHO, there is a FX waiting list because they produce a quality product at a price people are willing to pay. I put my name on the list, got mine, and I'm glad I did.