FX AMP Regulator vs. Huma regulator

The humas in my experiences do well in the air tube guns like wildcats, urbans, Hatsans, etc.

On the impact for some reason the Huma didn’t do too well. I’m a big Huma fan but fit the impact guns the factory reg coupled with the new brass pistons are superior. The plenum recovery time is much faster. With the Huma I had to wait 12-15 seconds between shots or the follow up shots were lower on target. 15 seconds when target shooting isn’t so bad but if you forget and you fire off a round before that 15 seconds is up, you just blew your group.

Secondly, draining the air out of the plenum is way easier using the factory reg, by either dry firing or opening up the reg adjustment screw. Either way the gun drains quickly.
With the Huma you have to loosen the plenum gage each time and it drains much slower. May not be a big deal to some but it is to me. I actually developed a leak at the rear gage from the few times I had to loosen it to drain the plenum when I used the Huma.
My other dislike, which is very minor but still a dislike, is using a flat blade screwdriver bit on the reg adjustment vs a 2.5mm Allen. At the angle one has to contort the tool to get to the adjustment screw(even with the bottom half of the trigger guard removed) the slot on the Huma adjustment screw is going to get butchered no matter how careful you are, and even when using the correct gun smithing blade bit for that slot.

Just my experiences. Huma makes great products and other than their impact regs, I will continue to support them

Last edited:
The humas in my experiences do well in the air tube guns like wildcats, urbans, Hatsans, etc.

On the impact for some reason the Huma didn’t do too well. I’m a big Huma fan but fit the impact guns the factory reg coupled with the new brass pistons are superior. The plenum recovery time is much faster. With the Huma I had to wait 12-15 seconds between shots or the follow up shots were lower on target. 15 seconds when target shooting isn’t so bad but if you forget and you fire off a round before that 15 seconds is up, you just blew your group.

Secondly, draining the air out of the plenum is way easier using the factory reg, by either dry firing or opening up the reg adjustment screw. Either way the gun drains quickly.
With the Huma you have to loosen the plenum gage each time and it drains much slower. May not be a big deal to some but it is to me. I actually developed a leak at the rear gage from the few times I had to loosen it to drain the plenum when I used the Huma.
My other dislike, which is very minor but still a dislike, is using a flat blade screwdriver bit on the reg adjustment vs a 2.5mm Allen. At the angle one has to contort the tool to get to the adjustment screw(even with the bottom half of the trigger guard removed) the slot on the Huma adjustment screw is going to get butchered no matter how careful you are, and even when using the correct gun smithing blade bit for that slot.

Just my experiences. Huma makes great products and other than their impact regs, I will continue to support them

My Maverick came with the new brass pistons. They look like they have larger holes for a faster plenum refill. But the plastic tip was .3 mm to long and messing up the adjustment. They sent me new pistons but the older style plastic, delrin ? I think I can sand the ends some on the brass ones to get down to 16mm. I'm no pro but don't see why it would need a Huma reg. On a 20 shot string I was getting 3 fps standard deviation last time I checked.