FX AMP Regulator - Dreamline Bottle

Newman's video (910 Airgun Tuning & Repairs) on the AMP reg is really great. But it's fast. I usually need to put things on paper to memorize them.

So, here is what I've just put together. Let me know if you see something that does not make sense.

PDF attached, so if you want to print it, that's easy.

S.

1587233212_13004483725e9b41bcdd4fc2.83973263.jpg

download.png
View attachment 1587233241_6133688575e9b41d9833118.74070574.pdf

Link to 910 Airgun Tuning & Repair video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNPiYHiA4z0

Reactions: monstr2 and STO
You must be right. it will be tougher to open the valve so less air released from the plenum.

However, I've read that it depends on how the rifle is tuned. If tuned on the "knee" (so 3-5% below the plateau velocity), we should not see much variation in velocity. If above or below the knee, then there would be variation in fps. Have never tested that though.

I should remove "and higher velocity" because this is definitely not correct. Thanks for your feedback 👍

That was great, much appreciated. Have question or two. With regards to the 8mm washer regulator, mentions it was for the first impacts, was this one also used in the first gen1 crowns? Also, does it take a special tool to out the internal washer? Thanks as I need to repair my reg on 1st gen crown. 

Cheers

I bought a service kit for my gen 1 crown reg, as I had creep on it. The service kit I got had 10mm washers, while my gun used the 8mm ones. The adjustement screw was almost identical (same lenght), except the new one had a domed tip, instead of a the old one. Also the piston was the same. What I did was use the new adjustemt screw, and new piston. The other parts I reused. Did not change any O-rings, except for those which was already on the new adjustement screw, and piston.The piston change, and adjustement screw change cured the creep for me. Guess the most common reason for creep is that the piston does not seat properly against the screw, and the old screw with a pointed tip, might not seal as good as the newer domed tip.

Reactions: monstr2
tor47 

Thanks, much appreciated. Did you order through fxusa? Do you have order # for this kit? Is there a particular video you can reccomend for doing this installation? 

Mike

I live in Norway, so I bought from Hurricane in Sweden. Tried to find the exact order, but could not find it. It is basically the same as the impact and look like this: https://shop.luftvapen.se/en/reservdelar/fx-airguns/o-ringar-skruvar-etc/fx-impactcrown-regulator-service. The service kit is actually a complete reg. So when I got the bigger washer, and housing version, I either ordered wrong, or they sent me the wrong part. But since the adjustement screw and piston was the same, I could use thouse parts. 

I would believe as long as the gun is not leaking, all you need is a new piston, and a new adjustment screw (as the domed tip one might seal better), for your crown. If you live in US I would believe some vendors there can help you. I used some of Ernest Rowe`s videos to help me. 

That oring with a * is indeed one of the causes for a leaking regulator / pressure creep. An other important reason for the creep is also a damaged tip of the piston. The Delrin of the piston can get damaged which leads to an improper seal. Also after adjusting the regulator the sealing surface needs to be redefined/reseated which takes some time. At a certain point after adjusting the reg a whole lot, the surface is so disturbed that it becomes harder and harder to seal and causes a slight leak and if you don't service it, it will start leaking even further and further.

By the way, the function of a good regulator is practically limited to the force of the regulated chamber pushing on the piston and the counteracting force of the conical spring washers on the piston. The force of the high pressure side on the piston should be so small that it becomes irrelevant. If the force becomes relevant, i.e. the hole from the high pressure side is too big, you have an inconsistency in your shot string because the reg pressure will start rising when the bottle pressure starts to drop.

Reactions: monstr2