FX Airguns T12 DeLuxe 5,5mm / OTHER OPTIONS

Hey everyone!

New member here, been shooting (military) assault rifles since the age of 16, did my service in the infantry in "the best army of the world" (as per our defence minister) and ended up keeping my SIG-550, I also own a remington shotgun. and some air-rifle and and a pistol.

However, my Gamo EXPO isnt the most precise, and the SIG is a little overkill for some plinking (what i intend to do). Same goes for the shotty! So.. I was looking at some highpowered airrifles, and came across an offer of one of the local dealers here, FX T12 DeLuxe in .22 caliber. Includes the gun, scope (FX 12 x 44 ir/ao), mounts and suitcase for roughly 1600$. Seems like a good deal, but in reality, my experience with such weaponry is very limited (see above). I do know that i'll either need a "diving-bottle" or a very expensive pump.

So, the question is, am I missing something? Should I go for it?

I really like the rifle, it's very light, the stock is made of nice wood.. Is FX worth the dollar?

Thanks for your input!

Hi, T2, and welcome to the obsession!
I'm not sure it's the same gun, but AOA had the T12 ft in walnut a while back for $795 for the gun only, so that price seems rather high to me. Take a look at AOA's FX prices-they're the US importer I believe. By all accounts the T12 is a great gun, but for that kind of money you have lots of options, even budgeting for a tank or pump. Depending on where you live there may be a Field Target or Benchrest club near you. If so, go hang with the shooters and you'll learn a lot! Here are a couple links to FT and BR clubs-http://www.network54.com/Forum/673067 
http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309 
A couple things-make sure there's someplace nearby to get your tank filled, especially if you're looking at a carbon fiber 4500 psi tank.
Scuba tanks are usually 3000 or 3300 psi, which won't fill a gun using 3000 or 3300 psi many times, if at all. Consider the fill pressure of the gun and what you'll be filling with before you buy.
I use 3300 psi scuba tanks to fill and my guns are tuned to operate on 2100-2600 psi fill pressure. I have a couple Benjamin Marauders and a CZs200, which all shoot pretty much lights out.

Yea, I was just looking through offerings by AOA and the like, seems as if switzerland wasnt expensive enough already, so they just put another 50% on top of retail in the US.

Not sure I want to go through the hassle of importing an item that falls under regulations of gun-law, not even sure that's possible for a private person and not a gunsmith. Or how to do it. The dealer I'm looking at is also the official importer for FX here.

The T12 reservoir is rated to 180 Bar of pressure, most dive-shops here offer at least 200 Bar, some do 300. What size of bottle would be adequate? 10, 12 liters? They're about 300$ to add to the rifle. A handpump at the dealer is going for I think 600$? We're really getting screwed here for some stuff..

Thanks for your input! :)

"T3PRanch"I really doubt Krale will send one. They are bound by FX Agreement which will not let them send FX products to other countries that have exclusive FX importers. I went through this earlier this year and Krale said they would sell me any gun BUT FX.

Thurmond
May I ask where you're from? And how are gun-laws there, and how hassling is the import process?

I'm not dead-set on FX, but Krale's prices are pretty hard to beat as for what I can see.

I guess airrifles are not that popular in switzerland as they're not allowed for hunting. Matchguns excluded.

"terrible2u"
"T3PRanch"I really doubt Krale will send one. They are bound by FX Agreement which will not let them send FX products to other countries that have exclusive FX importers. I went through this earlier this year and Krale said they would sell me any gun BUT FX.

Thurmond
May I ask where you're from? And how are gun-laws there, and how hassling is the import process?

I'm not dead-set on FX, but Krale's prices are pretty hard to beat as for what I can see.

I guess airrifles are not that popular in switzerland as they're not allowed for hunting. Matchguns excluded.
USA is my location and importing for personal use is actually quite easy. A number of USA residents order airguns from Krale.

Thurmond

Is it ok if I hijack my own thread?

I'm really having troubles spending those 1600$ after reading your opinions and checking out Krahles website. The Wildcat is a really nice bullpup, but FX too, so very expensive to get here.

What other options would i have, with an eye on what's available at Krahle's. I really like the Walnut-stocks in general. And if Bullpup, I would want a front-lever. If cocking happens from the left, while shooting right, that would make me a very happy camper. I think the Vulcan is setup that way?