FX FX Airguns DRS Pro: How Significant is This Really?

I love my M3 Impact but it just a bucket of parts put together.
I really like the barreled action in a stock or chassis like a firearm.
What a solid, simple way to build a air rifle !
I would like to have a little more power out of the Pro so it could shoot a .25 40gr Javelin or H&N heavy at 960+fps.
But I am still ordering as soon as they are available !

Last edited:
My big question is this: Has FX moved away from placing new technologies into the Bullpup form factor?

I don't PRS, plink or compete. I hunt and pest. When can I expect the Dynamic in Bullpup format, so I can enjoy the higher power levels of a 600mm barreled .30/.357cal without the airgun pushing five feet long moderated?

Pretty much I want a Dynamic 600 .30/.357 in a Maverick chassis.

Pretty sure the dynamic sized valve would make its way to Impact and maverick would get the dynamic block sometimes this year. Looks like FX is starting to crank out the dynamic block so it's matter of time before all the other rifles get the dynamic treatment.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Pretty sure the dynamic sized valve would make its way to Impact and maverick would get the dynamic block sometimes this year. Looks like FX is starting to crank out the dynamic block so it's matter of time before all the other rifles get the dynamic treatment.
Maybe this is what Airtac hunting is shooting in this video

Reactions: qball
Maybe this is what Airtac hunting is shooting in this video

That plenum definitely looks MUCH bigger and it’s really easy for FX to make the valve bigger like the powerblock upgrade. I don’t “need” it but certainly will order the power-powerblock upgrade kit when available.

I see all these FX changes, but they are not the ones I would be interested in. FX has yet to fix the shifting POI issue that has been present in most of their guns for several years now. I'm not interested in less air volume than present in a 480CC bottle. I think power up to and beyond that of a 22LR is just asking for trouble. I think air guns need to be back yard friendly to be practical. Adding a moderator on a flimsy, long, unsupported barrel causes barrel droop and POI fragility. They need to fix that crap first.

Reactions: Stone02
I know pricing has been discussed before but it does not look terrible. I might have to start saving for the walnut stock version.

1706708660124.png

Reactions: Frozenspyder
It's a $300-500 gun in a €1600 chassi so I'd guess $1999-2399 or some such.
I might consider buying one just to get the chassi if it's cheap enough.
The gun itself seems really cheap to manufacture as there are much fewer parts.
The biggest price on an airgun is time spent on the mill, if there are tons of parts to make the gun will be more expensive.
In this case there seems to be very few parts: Body, trigger mechanism, picatinny/dovetail mount, bolt and probe mechanism, liner, airtank shroud with end cap and plenum magazine.
On the other hand there seems to be close to $1000 in upgrades available for the gun at launch. Tungsten hammer and CF barrel shroud seems like a must to me. I don't get why they don't come with tungsten hammer to begin with, it's like a $5 part for them.

I'd be happy if it was $1999 and disappointed if it was over $2500.
The gun
View attachment 428246

The chassiView attachment 428247

I wonder if the bare gun will fit other chassis?

PD_OryxChassis_02__91702.jpg

I wonder if the bare gun will fit other chassis?

View attachment 430837
In the video it was mentioned that the chassis that it was mocked up in was made for a Remington 700(?) And was heavily modified by cutting and grinding sections out of the chassis. So I would assume it is loosely based on that rifle if I remember the model correctly, sorry I know nothing about powder burners.

Allen

I don't know much about air guns. This forum has been an encyclopedia of knowledge. I've been following your technical posts and you seem like a fairly competent gunsmith/modder. But clearly you are an idiot when it comes to R&D, manufacturing and production. Of course FX is in the business of making money. Do you think any of this comes cheap? I challenge you to set up a facility to make 1/1000th of these air guns for $300-$500 🤣
I got the price details for the DRS today and here are 2 examples.
FX DRS Pro MDT 700: €2875
FX DRS Classic Synthetic 700: €1025

This is the MSRP in €uro. I can't reveal the price for retailers but I'm sure you can find it somewhere, lets just say my quote of "It's a $300-500 gun in a €1600 chassi" is almost correct. A more accurate number would be a $500 gun in a $2500 chassi, I'm confident most retailers would say this is pretty accurate.
I have no idea about the manufacturing cost of the gun but I think it's around $300 at most without the chassi.
As for the chassi cost it seems to be extremely high on the Pro, you can buy the FX Classic synthetic version and the ACC Elite Chassi for cheaper than the cost of the DRS Pro MDT 700. They seem to be charging around $2500 just for the chassi which I find to be quite absurd.

It's an extremely overpriced chassi, I don't really understand what they are thinking as all it is is a modified version of the ACC Elite chassi.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Healthservices
But seriously, what am I to believe?

Here's some stats from the website of my country's biggest and probably best retailer Krale:

Fx DRS DMT Pro :
Energy (Joule / ft.lb)58 / 42.7, 97 / 71.5, 98 / 72

So, 97 Joule/ 71.5 Ft.lb in .22

Fx DRS Classic Walnut grade 2:
Energy (Joule / ft.lb)61 / 45, 119 / 87.7, 126 / 93

So 119 joule/87.7 ft.lb in .22.
But this gun is LESS THAN HALF the price of the DMT Pro. With a 16.1 ft/lb advantage over the DMT Pro.

I know, nature never said the universe has to make any sense , but this to me is pushing it. Severely.

Zero chance DRS will take over Panthera/dynamic. It is however an iteration of the dynamic block, DRS stands for dynamic rifle system. This seems fairly clear to me is the lower power platform of the dynamic block and dynamic/panthera/king is the higher end and higher powered dynamic platform. With low shot count alone should be enough to differentiate, but obvious can’t count out a bottle adapter to add a bottle in the future. This is aiming squarely at Dreamline/wildcat segment to me, meaning 1000-1500 dollar range with the exception of the chassis.

To OP’s original question of is it significant, saw a lot of comments on both side but mostly negative. Yes, it is a departure and personally I really dislike the fake mag or real gun look, I really do. BUT the internal change with simplifying the internals while still making it adjustable even though it’s not a simple dial anymore is awesome and very significant. There are Tons of FX haters that complains about the moving parts, complexity, reliability Nd number of orings which has some truth to it, this new design should eliminate all that. Most FX owners don’t turn the dials like i do, so simplify features that doesn’t get used much while still have the options to fine tune the gun is amazing!

Obviously the real question is will this gun be significant enough for me to buy it to replace my Dreamline? For me the answer is not yet, I really want to see the DRS gets a field target chassis then I’ll order the sub12 version immediately! Still keeping my dynamic, compacts, Dreamline compact, crown……they are just too much fun as legos. I do see this replacing my Dreamline for FT since I don’t change anything on it.
How many shots in your 12fb dreamline per fill?