• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX Airguns , A Dreamline Rant

Hello fellow airgunners

This will be a relatively short rant about FX...

As have most of you i have , and i still own an FX airgun , Dream Tactical.

I can only assume that the majority of you that bought one of these guns did their homework and 1 of the Major factors in buying one of these was the promise of its versatility...It has been called a " lego " gun ...you buy 1 gun and then buy additional parts and pieces to re-configure it, That is what the platform was sold as for gods sake !!

My complaint is simple where the hell are all of the parts that were promised for this line years ago now ? I don't know about you guys but i have been patiently waiting , i continue to get excuse after excuse, we have all heard them so no need listing them...The one that kills me the most though is " you have to understand production time "... Sorry FX i have to throw the BS card here, how many New guns , new power plenums, etc etc. have you pushed in front of the parts you should have been making for the guys that bought into the Dreamline design....

FX I get it , its easier to sell a Whole gun, but do us all a favor here don't promote something that you have no intention of backing up.....

That's all for now, i could go on , but since most peoples attention span is that of a 5 year old i will leave it at that.. Lol

I get what you’re saying, but isn’t the Dreamline lineup fairly new? And while I understand the lego ability of the design it doesn’t appeal. Constantly adding tidbits to the gun is not a game I’m playing. It’s better in most cases to get another gun, once I get a rig set up the way I like, why would I mess with that? 

Reactions: Rodeo
OP, I feel your pain. However, I've decided to simply move on from the brand -- as much as I love the ones already in my collection.

Yeah amigo i have as well, i am now 15K deep in various pcp's..

it just burns my a$$ that i can't get the pieces that were promised at the beginning of line release... Still love the 1 FX i have remaining.....

What is it you’re looking for that isn’t out yet? Are you talking about individual pieces and stock setups? Have you contacted a dealer, or FX, and asked about the part/s you’re looking for? Just because you don’t see it on a website may not indicate the part isn’t available. To my understanding there’s a few stocks available, barrel kits, the Dream-Tac conversion kit, bottle adapter, Power Plenum, folding stock adapter, arrow kit, maybe a couple more already out. And to add on the manufacturing process yes complete rifles need to be completed first and dealers need to be stocked. When the Dreamline was introduced it was highly popular, still is now, and most dealers sold out quick with buyers asking for more and in turn creating a back log of orders to fill. Manufacturers also typically have a manufacturing schedule for their machines. That schedule could be affected if their being flooded with demands for something that’s already in production, it’s more cost efficient to continue production versus stopping and setting up for something new. 

What is it you’re looking for that isn’t out yet? Are you talking about individual pieces and stock setups? Have you contacted a dealer, or FX, and asked about the part/s you’re looking for? Just because you don’t see it on a website may not indicate the part isn’t available. To my understanding there’s a few stocks available, barrel kits, the Dream-Tac conversion kit, bottle adapter, Power Plenum, folding stock adapter, arrow kit, maybe a couple more already out. And to add on the manufacturing process yes complete rifles need to be completed first and dealers need to be stocked. When the Dreamline was introduced it was highly popular, still is now, and most dealers sold out quick with buyers asking for more and in turn creating a back log of orders to fill. Manufacturers also typically have a manufacturing schedule for their machines. That schedule could be affected if their being flooded with demands for something that’s already in production, it’s more cost efficient to continue production versus stopping and setting up for something new.

Yes to the 1st question as a whole.. it would have been nice to have the ability to " Convert " the gun between the various dreamline options as advertised

Yes i have spoken with both retail dealers and FX USA direct, this is where a Major disconnect is IMO, you call FX , tell them what you want, they find the part number and even give out pricing...But they then say call your retailer for purchase, well guess what 1) No parts ( been waiting on those for months, maybe in the next order, blah blah), 2) next retailer statement is where did you get that pricing ( that is not even close to what " we " would sell it for ) ....i won't go into all the detail of the conversations , really not necessary to throw certain individuals under the bus, lets just leave it at a Major disconnect...

Now as to the statement about production of complete rifles 1st.. That is exactly backwards.. I am a manufacturer , been in business for myself since 1984 so i damn sure understand whats involved to be one....The absolute worst thing you can do as a manufacturer is make a kick ass widget, promise said widget will be this, that, and the other, and then not follow through because a New , Shiny widget comes along in between .. This exact scenario is why FX is in the situation its in..

I know in my shop we do scheduling for All of our products , and the supporting pieces , it is no more, or no less cost effective when done properly and i don't end up pissing off lifelong customers that bought the original parts back in the day by not having replacement parts for them....Its called Good Business !!!

Guys i really do Not want to turn this into a pissing contest about ethics, business practices, and i certainly know better than to engage in Fan Boy rhetoric so i shall leave this at what i have posted , i know i am not the only one let down by FX... Peace amigo's !

Reactions: 2manyAirGunz
I whole heatedly agree. I was interested in the .22 compact tac but went other directions. The Dreamline line was announced IWA 2018. That's been over 2 years. Again sure they are coming out with new guns but they should put those on hold until they get there promised things for the versatility of the Dreamline stocked up before moving onto other things. 

I get what you’re saying, but isn’t the Dreamline lineup fairly new? And while I understand the lego ability of the design it doesn’t appeal. Constantly adding tidbits to the gun is not a game I’m playing. It’s better in most cases to get another gun, once I get a rig set up the way I like, why would I mess with that? 

couldn’t have said it any better LLeon!

FX commented on a post last week to someone else saying talk to your dealer some of these parts are in. 

The parts to change styles on the dreamline arent really available yet. I dont know if they will ever be. I'd like th change from dreampup to dream tac but it's just not available. Caliber changes are usually on back order too.

FX: Just a heads up that the Dreamline change kits are on the market, we've just seen that many of the dealers have been slow to put up listings for them or order them from us. Just give your favorite dealer a call and get them to put an order in for one and we'll get you taken care of.

Usually when I get a rifle set up and shooting well I never mess with it again other than shoot it. the different configurations of the dreamline is what got my attention. I wouldn't mind one bit to convert it to whatever style shooter I needed for the task at hand or to just have a new rifle look and feel... that's why I bought it. Its easily tunable to do so. I too wish all the bits and pieces were easily available.