FX Air Rifle Pellets .25 Cal, 33.95 Grains, Domed

I don't think they are identical but they might be. My P35-25 shoots JSB 33.95 MK II the best of the pellets I've tried. I got a tin of FX 34s to try and they seem to shoot as accurately but not to the exact same point of impact. Maybe 1/4 inch higher and to the right. When I switch tins will I see a similar shift? Possibly. I know about the posting by JSB saying they are the same. But they seem to be a little different. My Avenger in 25 is shooting the 25.39s and again the FX variety shoot a little different from JSBs. In my guns FX pellets shoot the same or a little better than JSBs despite being a little cheaper. Certainly worth a try if your gun likes JSBs.

Thanks for the info! My Crown shoots the MKII better then MKI. Airgun Depot has the FX version on sale, $13.99 for a 300count tin.

Reactions: MEC17670
I don't want to make this too complicated, but there is an upper speed that results in a minimum amount of wind drift. Below that, as you decrease muzzle velocity wind drift will increase. So if your setup is accurate at both 800fps and 850fps. Then 850fps will less sensitive to wind and easier to put on target.

Just an update here. After much testing/practice, it seems like my .25 Alpha Wolf likes the JSB MKI 33.95 gr pellets @ 920 fps. It seems to group a bit tighter with a 0dB moderator than without. The best I’ve shot is about a 0.5 inch group but most are about a 1-1.25 inch group at 50 yards.

Not as good as the groups some of the competition shooters post on here, but I’ve been pleased with my progress because it started out a lot worse.

Surprisingly, the JSB MKIIs don’t shoot well at all in my gun.

Reactions: Raider03
Right around 900 or just a touch over out of my impact. Fly really well. My understanding is that because of the design of this type of pellet they can maintain stability to a higher velocity than diabolo pellets. I know people shoot them up around 950 with great results.
Is the accuracy @950 for 50yards or out to 100yards?

Last edited:
Since my comment in January on this thread I weighed partial tins of FX and JSB MK II 34 grain pellets. I was surprised that the weight of the FX was much more consistent than the JSB and much closer to the 34 grain advertised. The JSB had very few pellets as light as 34 grains, most were closer to 35 grain. But, with further testing I have decided my P35-25 likes the MKII JSBs the best. They like what they like...

Reactions: NRPy
Since my comment in January on this thread I weighed partial tins of FX and JSB MK II 34 grain pellets. I was surprised that the weight of the FX was much more consistent than the JSB and much closer to the 34 grain advertised. The JSB had very few pellets as light as 34 grains, most were closer to 35 grain. But, with further testing I have decided my P35-25 likes the MKII JSBs the best. They like what they like...
I was surprised at my results because I had heard the MKIIs were better than the MKIs in most guns. So far, my AW likes (in order of best to worst) @ 920 fps:

JSB MKI 33.95
JTS Dead Center 33.80
JSB MKII 33.95
FX 33.95