Fx air gun for indoors

I am by no means dead set one one rifle, I have simply wanted a nice pcp such as an impact but I never had a way to justify getting into it when I have so much invested in powder burners or whatever you guys call them here :). I know once you start with a new shooting discipline they sometimes spiral into a very expensive hobby for me at the moment that is f-class. I started with an $800 rifle and borrowed equipment and now have more than 10x that in my rifle alone not to mention the shooting rest and reloading supplies ;). However I am now faced with the problem of pigeons in a few large dairy barns and a pcp such as an impact looks like a interesting and fun solution.

I am by no means dead set one one rifle, I have simply wanted a nice pcp such as an impact but I never had a way to justify getting into it when I have so much invested in powder burners or whatever you guys call them here :). I know once you start with a new shooting discipline they sometimes spiral into a very expensive hobby for me at the moment that is f-class. I started with an $800 rifle and borrowed equipment and now have more than 10x that in my rifle alone not to mention the shooting rest and reloading supplies ;). However I am now faced with the problem of pigeons in a few large dairy barns and a pcp such as an impact looks like a interesting and fun solution.

I wish I have your problem of too many birds to shoot! My impact would be very happy if I have your shooting opportunities. However impact is made for high power and even with the power wheel you won’t get it low enough for safe indoor shooting. A crown or Dreamline with 380 barrel can get you what you need if you don’t need to take long shots like 100 yard. Best approach IMHO would be a indoor compact pistol or carbine for 20 yards and closer and an outdoor long distance gun for anything farther than 20 yards. Safety can’t not be over stressed and easily tested by just shooting at some 2x4 wood, tin roofing or whoever materials you don’t want damage at intended distances, you will find out quickly which power level is safe at what distance and tune the gun and ammo combo according. For indoor the lighter the pellet the less the chance damaging something and ricochet, 1701P pistol/carbine with factory tune is superb at confined space with a simple red dot. 

Shots inside would be 25-50 yards as it is a large barn. I don’t have an impact so I can’t be sure but aren’t the ones sold in the uk around 12ftlbs? I was really looking hard at a compact impact in .22 I do realize that the impact is capable of some pretty extreme power. As for safety I would plan to test a sample of the roof/siding material used to prevent any damage to the building. 

Well I picked up a mk2 impact with a .22cal 500mm barrel have it shooting around 650fps with some cheap gaming pellets until my jsbs arrive. I took it out and found that it doesn’t pierce the tin at 15 yard yet still has plenty of power for head neck and upper bread shots op pigeons. My compressor hasn’t arrived yet so for now my gun is out of commission. I was surprised at how accurate and quiet the gun is at low power. I don’t miss wearing ear pro one bit. 

Well I picked up a mk2 impact with a .22cal 500mm barrel have it shooting around 650fps with some cheap gaming pellets until my jsbs arrive. I took it out and found that it doesn’t pierce the tin at 15 yard yet still has plenty of power for head neck and upper bread shots op pigeons. My compressor hasn’t arrived yet so for now my gun is out of commission. I was surprised at how accurate and quiet the gun is at low power. I don’t miss wearing ear pro one bit.

NICE!!! Congrats on finding what you need. I do love the impact platform! When you said inside I thought you meant 10 yard target shooting, 20-50 yard barn is a different story.