• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX 800mm kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
These pics are to show packaging and razor sharp parts. More dialogue to follow once all the pictures are posted.

IMG_20221114_125950.jpg

IMG_20221114_130250.jpg

IMG_20221114_142621.jpg

Forgive the cell phone photos. When I take pics with my good camera, I don't know how to load them in a reasonable time frame. As it is, I struggle to get the picture to show what is clear to the naked eye. Suffice it to say these pics don't do as well as I would like.

I have been eagerly awaiting these kits to come in and recently received mine. Sadly, the barrel block was damaged from being packed loose in the baggie next to the barrel nut that is razor sharp. It would seem the deburring step was overlooked. In the photos you can see a burr or two, but the part is actually sharp all the way around. The barrel sleeve was marred repeatedly in two locations, near the muzzle and about 10" back, apparently by jaws of some sort. I contacted my vendor ( Utah Airguns), and they quickly had me send photos, sent me a return shipping label, and once mine was mailed, sent me a new kit. Unfortunately my request to have the replacements assessed for damage was overlooked. When my new kit arrived it had much the same damage. The sleeve less damaged, and the block more damaged. I sent photos as requested, and they are coming up with a solution. I have been happy with my dealings with Utah. The kits they sent are packaged by the manufacturer and show no signs of being opened. I don't feel that the vendor has any control over what is in the package. I want to shoot this barrel and stop shipping and hoping. I also feel at that price, they should look as nice as the same parts on my new M3. I am not sure as to exactly who to contact about this, I know it is hard to get in to talk to FX USA in person, have had poor luck getting a return call in the past, and have no desire to email about it. I know they are active here and hope to share my experience with them as well as everyone else at the same time. In the meantime, I first brought the problem to the vendor. I will update this as the situation unfolds. If you are an FX vendor, it might be good to look at these kits to see if you see similar damage. If you are a customer, inspect them as soon as you get them. With any kind of luck some small issues will be resolved and parts worthy of the FX name will once again be put into our hands.

It sounds like FX is already on it to correct the situation.
The guys at Utah got back to me today. After considering, they decided against a discount. I'm sure they will let me return it, but I think I will start a dialog with FX first and see what they have to say. I am hoping to find a way to get parts as nice as the ones on my M3 without returning another kit and waiting. I really want to start shooting this stuff.

It sounds like FX is already on it to correct the situation.
The guys at Utah got back to me today. After considering, they decided against a discount. I'm sure they will let me return it, but I think I will start a dialog with FX first and see what they have to say. I am hoping to find a way to get parts as nice as the ones on my M3 without returning another kit and waiting. I really want to start shooting this stuff.
Can you send us a DM with your information please.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.