• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Fx 700mm barrel tensioner kit- solution for increase in muzzle crack

Hello everyone... I reading this thread from the beginning and it is very informative.. I have order fx liner kit 177 700mm sniper tensioned with stx heavy liner include in the Kit last october... After few days the Kit arrived and i straightly put it to my m3.. The seller contacted me and told me to check the cf sleeve inside the barrel. I opened the barrel and all i can find only liner with 3 orings... The seller told me the fx made mistakes and huge mistakes... Apparently all the Kit that come to Indonesia without cf sleeve.. The seller had put complaint and said fx will shipped it. I also emailed fx support, they very lightly said that sorry and will shipped it right away... Until now I haven't receive the cf sleeve...
Very bad QC for fx Airgun...
Btw i have checked all the DIY post in this thread... If i'm not using the standard shroud but made shroud from cf tube will it silent the bark like the standard shroud?
Anyone can give the illustration how shroud can silent the bark?
Regards

Robinson
177 700mm with a bark? What's your 2nd reg at, and the power wheel. What is your muzzle velocity? If you don't have that, what weight pellet are you using? Mines 22, 700mm 73 ft lbs, no bark.

177 700mm with a bark? What's your 2nd reg at, and the power wheel. What is your muzzle velocity? If you don't have that, what weight pellet are you using? Mines 22, 700mm 73 ft lbs, no bark.
If you are contemplating a cf tensioner. Please look at a tensioning spacer that goes between the factory shroud and the action body first. They work nearly as well for the common shooter. Cost way less and are way less confusing.

Here is a brass Airstripper I made to be used in the Tuning Shroud that I used for my Tension setup......
20221221_151212.jpg

20221221_151253.jpg

Could you elaborate more on the accuracy difference?
Slightly less deviation on multiple shots. It's an asset on paper but due to noise level and poi shift from my usual field setup the gains arent worth the sound diff for my needs (nearly dead silent required) . The ronin and harmonic tuner got me good enough results for urban pigeon whacking without drawing the eye of the neighbors due to sound. If I'm shooting paper I will use the 2nd air stripper and dial a new zero for bench fun. BTW the carbon shroud has a more effective air stripper situation in it already. My air stripper cleans it up really well, as the bore on it won't even fit a 25 cal pellet. The 22s just barely make it out. It took some pretty elaborate jigging to assemble the stainless and aluminum contraption. I made it for fun but it actually works.

Slightly less deviation on multiple shots. It's an asset on paper but due to noise level and poi shift from my usual field setup the gains arent worth the sound diff for my needs (nearly dead silent required) . The ronin and harmonic tuner got me good enough results for urban pigeon whacking without drawing the eye of the neighbors due to sound. If I'm shooting paper I will use the 2nd air stripper and dial a new zero for bench fun. BTW the carbon shroud has a more effective air stripper situation in it already. My air stripper cleans it up really well, as the bore on it won't even fit a 25 cal pellet. The 22s just barely make it out. It took some pretty elaborate jigging to assemble the stainless and aluminum contraption. I made it for fun but it actually works.
The negligible diff.
20211202_070102.jpg

20211202_071519.jpg