FX 44 Grain verses the JSB 44 Grain pellet..

Hello all and happy Easter. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a physical shape difference between the JSB and the FX .30 cal 44 grain pellet. I am always looking for the best pellet for a given gun, the more choices the better chance a best match for a given gun.

Thanks

Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns

They're the same as JSB's, however there may be some additional QC around the dies that are used. Shape-wise, no differences.

EDIT: I only had a single tin once upon a time. Has anyone analyzed head diameters on the FX labelled pellets?

There was a post by couple of 30 caliber shooters who swore the JSBs and their variants shot exactly the same in their guns even mixing them up in their magazines to test stated all shot the same. That's very hard to believe IMHO but that's just me. I found in 177 22 and 25 caliber one of them definitely shot better than the others depending on the gun. YO!

There was a post by couple of 30 caliber shooters who swore the JSBs and their variants shot exactly the same in their guns even mixing them up in their magazines to test stated all shot the same. That's very hard to believe IMHO but that's just me. I found in 177 22 and 25 caliber one of them definitely shot better than the others depending on the gun. YO!

Some barrels are less sensitive to head diameters. It might not even be apparent shooting at ~50y, but as soon as you get out into the 75-125y range, the more sensitive barrels manifest themselves. The .30cal FX liners that I have had have been less sensitive. TJs aren't bad, but choked LW barrels seem to be the most sensitive. Mass produced pellets like JSBs put guys like Pelletgage in business for a reason 😂 

Hello all and happy Easter. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a physical shape difference between the JSB and the FX .30 cal 44 grain pellet. I am always looking for the best pellet for a given gun, the more choices the better chance a best match for a given gun.

Thanks

Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns

Same as Vortex Supreme as well. All the same pellet.