I got a FX 400 about two weeks ago from AOA. Finally chronographed it. With a 200bar fill my 2nd shot was 902fps and my 90th shot was also 902fps. Es of 11 sd of 3. This is with the FX regulator. I know I can't shoot the 25.39 redesigns fast enough or slugs but 18 gn JSB's sure shoot well. Good to know an old style airgun will still shoot. I did have the 580cc bottle installed. Everything is the same as my FX500 which is nice. Stay home. Scott

I started with a Royale 400 and after going through a lot of the other FX models I have gone back to my only PCP being a Royale 400 in 22. It does everything I and most people would need. Consistent, accurate, quiet, light, solid barrel that doesn't change POI, high shot count (I have a 500cc bottle) 150ish shots on high (30fpe). Then turn it down to 18fpe or 11fpe on the other two levels and get ridiculous shot counts. Don't let anyone talk down the 18.13 jsb pellets. They pack a lot of punch when you put them in the right spot. 

James. 

Scott and James, we are among the few who know this ever-growing secret, the Royale platform is the best thing FX has ever made. I won't get into my issues with the gadgetry that sells the current FX products. They satisfy many folks, and I'm glad for them. I own a Royale 400 in .22, as does a friend of mine. We have both spent a lot of money on more sophisticated air rifles, and often joke that we should sell everything except our Royales, since they do everything we need. I've never been too fond of the trigger, but I have to admit it works just fine. If I grab a rifle to defend against a squirrel attack, it's either the Royale or the Taipan Veteran. I know that both will still have their zero from the last shooting session, whether yesterday or last month. I don't think the Royale barrel ever needs cleaning, although I do it occasionally out of guilt. It may be the best value in the air rifle world. 

Chiming in here from the "Department of Redundancy Department ". Said it so many times on this forum, my only 2 PCP's are the Royale 500 & Boss. IMHO the BEST platform FX has ever made! Simple, accurate, repeatable, reliable, absolutely trouble free, quiet, consistent & DEADLY!!! The only "bells & whistles" is the power wheel. I'm almost embarrassed to admit I've never used them! For a hunting, non-tinkering, guy like me they are a DREAM to own & shoot. 

Ed (elh0102) is right on the money, and so are the other responders to this post. What a great air gun and I’m glad he convinced me to splurge and buy one.

I really do like the accuracy with the ST barrel and do like the three power levels. Also, like the easy access to tweaking the HST if you want to adjust velocity up/down. Take the action out of the stock and turn the HST nut, and then reattach the action back to the stock - less than 5 minutes.

Magazines are solid, and I do like the trigger which was adjusted by Ed for me. Breaks at about 6-8 oz and I like the first stage stop when squirrels are invading. I realize there are better triggers on other guns, but this works well for me. Great shot count with CF 480cc bottle.

Seldom if ever have to clean the barrel.

Chem

can you show an image of what the Boss trigger looks like ? can anybody show it ?

what are the differences ?

So people know the Boss trigger imo the best fx trigger ive tried will fit right on a Royale.

If you search Ernest Rowe's videos under "Adjusting Boss Trigger", you will find a detailed video on the Boss trigger adjustment and disassembly. 

Good afternoon everyone.

If i can hijack the thread a bit... lol.

I am new to airguns / PCP. I was able to pick up a FX Impact MKii for a good price here on the market. Im curious... are the new / current FX Impacts not as good as the older ones?

Im not looking for super accuracy... as i am truly not a marksman. Im looking for quality/tought/reliable...

Thank you

Good afternoon everyone.

I am new to airguns / PCP. I was able to pick up a FX Impact MKii for a good price here on the market. Im curious... are the new / current FX Impacts not as good as the older ones?

Im not looking for super accuracy... as i am truly not a marksman. Im looking for quality/tought/reliable...

Thank you

Thats a pretty good hijack, i think you should start your own thread.

Good afternoon everyone.

Thank you

Thats a pretty good hijack, i think you should start your own thread.

Understood. thank you. my apologies.