• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX 400 FT , 22 cal.

Beautiful rifle. The single shot looks like it might be hard to load a pellet? Can't really tell from the picture?
Is there an oring in the breech end of the barrel or is it on the probe?
The reason I ask is because I have a Thomas and it has a swing port. So, no oring in the breech makes it really easy to clean the barrel with no worries about damaging an oring?
But then I hear those smooth twist barrels hardly ever need cleaning to begin with?

I like the FX Elites as well! Another air toy wish later down the road ,hopefully ;-)

Thanks for sharing.

Jimmy

To answer some of your questions.........

I got this gun from Airguns Of Arizona. Jarred first told me that the FT guns were discontinued due to slow sales. He went back and routed through the warehouse and came up with this one. Quite unique. I snapped at it. 

It is incredibly accurate. Flys at 25 yards are usually in serious jeopardy. I have 1 in swingers set at 50 yards and they are boring. I generally shoot it on the middle setting for just over 800 fps with an 18 gr. JSB. The loading port is a removable single shot tray that is shaped to allow the pellets to roll into position for loading. Just drop them in.The moderator is built in and held in place by the end of the full length scope rail. The gun also takes the stackable moderators and I have added a few baffles making it quieter than the 177 marauder I have. The stock is all aluminum and fits the action perfectly. The bottle seems to be 500 cc. I know it gets well over 500 shots per charge on medium power. The trigger is also completely adjustable for weight and position.

I think there is an o ring in the barrel .I'm told it won't accept a magazine due to the rail and the probe may not be tapered (?) to go through the magazine. I have shot many high end PCPs , including a custom built HW100 in 177 and this is THE most accurate gun I have ever shot. I haven't tried a Styer or a HM 1000 , but I know this gun will hold it's own with them. The smooth twist barrel is highly accurate and very low maintenance.

This gun was a gift for graduation and making it through some really hard times, always doing the right thing. It was hard earned and I am grateful to have been so well thought of.

I just ordered an FX Streamline. Due this week. It if is anything like this gun, I'll be a very happy woman. 

Jamie

Reactions: CampFussell
Wow, thank you so much for the info on your 400 FT. You are quite the lucky lady to have such a fine rifle. Can't wait to hear your review of your new Streamline.
I need some decent weather to shoot down here in mud hole Burgaw NC. It's either cold, wet, or too windy , or all three at the same time here lately.
Thanks again for the follow up.
Jimmy

Jamie
who told you the gun will not use a magazine ? which are very expensive
i also have a FX 400FT which is now in a stock stock :) and it uses a magazine just fine

i took the FT stock off the 400 and put it on my FX Elite and made it into a benchrest gun

Dick
"jamieinmd"To answer some of your questions.........

I got this gun from Airguns Of Arizona. Jarred first told me that the FT guns were discontinued due to slow sales. He went back and routed through the warehouse and came up with this one. Quite unique. I snapped at it. 

I'm told it won't accept a magazine due to the rail and the probe may not be tapered (?) to go through the magazine.

Jamie

If I really wanted a magazine and the probe wasn't an issue, I could easily notch the rail to allow for the magazine. Or, just cut the rear portion of the rail off. I'm sure I could get another rail if I wanted to go that route. Since I just ordered a Streamline, I'm not too worried about a magazine for this gun. Had toyed with getting a new barrel with a moderatoe attached to it instead of the rail system I currently have but that would be around 500.00 for the barrel and mag, about half the price of a Streamline.