FX .35 Impact First Impressions.

Keep in mind this is my 4th AirGun and I have never fired a pellet in my life lol.

Lord knows I will never use this thing... Someone in the LA area come buy this thing lol knock off $150.00

hurry wife thinks these are cheap toys

I'm going to assume you're an artist and needed a real life reference for cool gadgety-gun artwork...

You can probably sell it for what you paid for it. The .35 (as well as most Impact Mk2s) are back-ordered as far as I could tell. Perhaps reduced supply due to COVID?

I would have bought it if I had seen it 2 days ago. I just bought my FX Impact Mk2 .22 w/ a 600mm barrel. I wanted the 700mm but I couldn't find one anywhere and was unwilling to wait. Put it on ebay and I'm sure you'll find an impatient buyer like me.

Update: So I decided to sell her, gased her up and..... slow leak

I used the crc Airsol stuff and followed the leak video no deal.

Sucks that a 2k gun has leaks but.... normal for airguns to leak new???
1592003035_16768412715ee409db63d259.98010977.jpg

So wait, you've never fired an airgun you've owned but you have equipment to fill it up? This is such a weird story.

Unfortunately, yes, some airguns do leak when new - but that means there is an issue and you should just return it to the dealer saying it leaks. At least this way you don't take any loss on the purchase.

It's strange that I have a compressor when I am intrested in PCP airguns?

Ok anyway I have asked FX to replace the gun. I do not believe the dealer should have to eat the cost of a defective gun.

Many PCP dealers are small shops. The manufacturer should stand by them.

I fully trust FX will replace this flagship gun.

This is my 4th FX gun. And yes I have never fired a pellet.

DM

So wait, you've never fired an airgun you've owned but you have equipment to fill it up? This is such a weird story.

Unfortunately, yes, some airguns do leak when new - but that means there is an issue and you should just return it to the dealer saying it leaks. At least this way you don't take any loss on the purchase.

Ok anyway I have asked FX to replace the gun. I do not believe the dealer should have to eat the cost of a defective gun.

DM

Actually that's the whole reason you buy through a dealer. You return the gun to the dealer and they will deal with returns and settling shipping costs for you. No they probably won't eat the cost, they will submit the refund. This effort is factored into the costs of running their business.

Don't worry about your dealer -- in fact -- it may be your dealer that sold you a previously returned gun (which is why you've noted the problems mentioned in your original post).

4th FX gun? You did not say that in your original post. You said 4 airguns, not 4 FX airguns... why 4? Have all 4 failed you? I find it hard to believe 4 FX guns in a row would all have manufacturing defects worth a return. I bought one FX gun (ever) and it's flawless. Are you just buying and returning all the models to see which one looks best on your shelf? -- Sorry I don't mean offense, but you did say "Lord knows I will never use this thing."

Your dealer must know you never plan to shoot an airgun so he's selling you his broken guns ;) ;) ;)

DM

Actually that's the whole reason you buy through a dealer. You return the gun to the dealer and they will deal with returns and settling shipping costs for you. No they probably won't eat the cost, they will submit the refund. This effort is factored into the costs of running their business.

Don't worry about your dealer -- in fact -- it may be your dealer that sold you a previously returned gun (which is why you've noted the problems mentioned in your original post).

4th FX gun? You did not say that in your original post. You said 4 airguns, not 4 FX airguns... why 4? Have all 4 failed you? I find it hard to believe 4 FX guns in a row would all have manufacturing defects worth a return. I bought one FX gun (ever) and it's flawless. Are you just buying and returning all the models to see which one looks best on your shelf? -- Sorry I don't mean offense, but you did say "Lord knows I will never use this thing."

Your dealer must know you never plan to shoot an airgun so he's selling you his broken guns ;) ;) ;)

Hi 

This is the only one that leaked. So far FX guns seem super cool. I do want a Daystate next with the Computer stuff.....

But I have an update:

Since she is going to be send back I desided to try to find the leak one more time.

So I degassed her using the FX YouTube instructions. This time I removed the barrel...one screw! So cool. And noted the two orings on the brass thingy were partially dry and somewhat out of shape. So I put a tiny amount of SuperLube on the orings and re assembled the gun.

It has been stuck @250 Bar all night Sat.13 till now Sun. 14th

So I will monitor it and let you all know but so far its holding perfect.

😀😀😀

DM

Hi 

This is the only one that leaked. So far FX guns seem super cool. I do want a Daystate next with the Computer stuff.....

But I have an update:

Since she is going to be send back I desided to try to find the leak one more time.

So I degassed her using the FX YouTube instructions. This time I removed the barrel...one screw! So cool. And noted the two orings on the brass thingy were partially dry and somewhat out of shape. So I put a tiny amount of SuperLube on the orings and re assembled the gun.

It has been stuck @250 Bar all night Sat.13 till now Sun. 14th

So I will monitor it and let you all know but so far its holding perfect.

1f600.svg
1f600.svg
1f600.svg

Those have nothing to do with sealing the gun. (Holding air)

Also don't need to degas to remove barrel, degassing and airing back up probably sealed the culprit if it seems good now.