• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX .30 cal liner RESULTS & Pictures ... Whoa !!

I recently acquired an FX liner to retro fit into a Non FX rifle

An @ .395 O.D. Liner ... Fully 4 groove rifled at 22-1 specs ... 700mm / 27" long in .30 caliber.

Adapted it to fit my WAR Flex using a steel slip on 1/2-20 thread for muzzle and a 3 1/2" long machined aluminum tube with OEM snap ring groove at breech. Breech o-ring moved to probe. Pressed together with loc-tite 640.
Full length shroud drawing the liner into tension.

Shooting with the original 17" TJ barrel rifle was shooting JSB 44.75 @ 880 fps for @ 78 fpe on 2400 psi set point.
* With the 27" liner fitted ... JSB 44.75 @ 1005 fps for a whopping 100.3 fpe !!
** Shooting 61.9 grain slug @ 870 fps for 104 fpe !!

Great balance of power between these two differing type and weight projectiles.
Accuracy testing to happen yet

Scott S

Nice!!! TJ barrels have notoriously tight bore so even in same length I suspect other barrels likely get a bit more power. At least my TJ barrel is very tight but it’s not pellet fuzzy at all. Pushing a .217 slug through the TJ barrel is very hard and even with a .216 slug my TJ barrel feels tighter then a .217 slug going through my FX liner. 

Cool to see what you get from accuracy testing. 

Ok folks ... went back into it increasing the throat depth so slugs would just be seating into rifling as well pellets. SO took some pictures for Ya !!
Chrony shot is with a NSA 49 grain dish base ... 957 fps = 99.63 fpe Yea that's healthy enough
grin.gif

Being we could NOT machine in o-ring grooves either side of transfer port due to the liner ... opted to machine the slip fit sizzle tight. Then placing a 1mm o-ring against breech face, then washer & clip. When drawn into tension the o-ring crushes into the small bevel on receiver/ barrel hole & crushes in enough to flush up & make a seal.

Last pic was my idea to stabilize liner within the shroud. What is it ? It's a core of a printing paper roll ... LOL Made a split sleeve to snap over the liner having the paper roll core press over it. Then slightly built up the O.D. with @ 2 wraps of gorilla duct tape for a firm press fit into shroud tube. No internal shakes now !!

Only played a bit this morning for accuracy ... 80 yards able to hit walnut size rocks shot after shot easily !!!!! Paper is going to be another day. 

Scott S

DSCF1028_50.1636222051.jpg
DSCF1030_50.1636222065.jpg
DSCF1035_50.1636222080.jpg
DSCF1036_50.1636222131.jpg
DSCF1039_50.1636222144.jpg
DSCF1041_50.1636222159.jpg
DSCF1031_50.1636222225.jpg
DSCF1033_50.1636222722.jpg

Also make note on the 4th picture the COLLAR up against the receiver on the shroud mounting shoulder. It is NYLON and gives tad bit of yield when tensioning the barrel and helps stabilize the shroud assembly letting it find it's natural square to base position.

Also on picture 6, is a Donny FL TATSU Moderator that is threaded on a dummy 1/2-20 stud on forward side of Butt plate. Muzzle has a thread protector cap in place and if you need to hush it down simply swap em out. Interesting tho is the fact the rifles not that loud for making 100 fpe and this has a lot to do with the JSAR inspired hybrid balanced valve, SSG hammer spring and light hammer. Air delivery is switch on / switch off fast having a fairly short dwell cycle ... Just a quick SNAP firing cycle.

Scott S

Just a follow up on a few fronts
grin.gif

With rifle sitting in the safe, pulled it out taking a Cold Shot with a NSA 47.2 grain .... 1000 fps for 104+ Ft lbs.

Seems the hammer sticksion is 100% gone. This due to using a Glass filled acetal poppet and X ring within my custom balanced valve configuration.

So we now have total confidence in picking this beast up and sending a shot on target not worried about the PITA sticky valve / cold shot issues of the past. STOKED !!!!

Scott S