• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX .25 Hybrid slug trajectory peak??

My FX Ranchero (.177) trajectory peak is between 22 and 23 yards with a JSB 10.3 pellet moving at 850 fps.

My Airwolf (.22) trajectory peak is at 28 yards with yards with an 18.13 moving at 940 fps

My Impact MK II (.25) is shooting the same POI at 25 and 30 yards with the FX Hybrid slugs (26 gr at 1000 fps though the 700mm Superior barrel). I've only started working with it today and have it down to one hole at 25 and 30 yards. Have any of you determined the actual trajectory peak is (for those of you in that fps range)?

I( tried to figure it out on Strelock but get weird results and I was hoping not to have to walk off and shoot at each 1 yard interval tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210103-1116342.1609690807.png
Screenshot_20210103-1117032.1609690830.png
Screenshot_20210103-1117192.1609690839.png

As noted by SGDM, it is a function of scope height above bore and muzzle velocity in addition to how one likes to zero (one or two zero method). The projectile "starts to drop" as soon as it leaves the barrel and always follows a "ballistic arc" through space. But the "arc" is relatively flatter near the muzzle due to highest velocity and curves progressively more downward as the projectile slows. A higher mounted scope can extend the MPBR (maximum point blank range where you don't have to hold over) a bit, especially if one uses the two zero point method and allows a little rise above line of sight. Higher mounted scopes are more susceptible to cant error (some will argue this) and they will cause issues with shooting low at very near ranges and many claim that they must have a precise "cheek weld" to shoot accurately and these are issues with a higher mounted scope. But they can make the "flat shooting part" of the arc functionally a little longer. The ballistic arc doesn't change but it is experienced slightly differently with a higher mounted optic. For my squirrel head shot culling I allow a maximum of 1/2 inch rise above LOS and with a higher mounted scope and a relatively fast pellet one can "shoot flat" out to a bit further distance.