• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Fx .22 liner in a .30 cal barrel…..

Not as silly as it seems. I’ll explain
I’ve been fiddling with cf tubes on my liners for years and I came to the conclusion that what I really want to do is have as close to a solid barrel as possible.

It’s a lot of work but I decided I wanted to start with a liner that was a true parallel cylinder. So careful reduced the outside diameter end to end to 8mm. This is a .22 cal liner.

It was now a beautiful fit in a 8mm inside diameter 10mm outside diameter cf tube and I epoxied the entire 700mm liner in the carbon tube.
I won’t go into the details of my solid barrel project for now but when I got to this stage and had my 700mm liner encased I was thinking to do this properly I really want to index the liner.
I’m sure you know were I’m heading now!

Yes the total encased liner slides straight into my .30cal barrel. All I had to do was change the brass transfer port to .22 and probe of course and I could shoot and index the liner.

Got me thinking how easy caliber changes could be if fx produced the liners already with cf and so they are all the same OD.
As in if they could put a thin cf outer case on a .25 barrel so it would also fit.
You only need one barrel lock and just need a liner/ brass tp and prob for any caliber.
Just had to share that as I wasn’t getting the response I hoped for from my wife. 🤓

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Hi Kenny.
It worked fine. I didn’t try to tune for accuracy but it shot the 18g jsb’s well and I was able to find the best orientation for the barrel.
As an aside from the cf sleeve my only thought is that compressing the liner may affect the indexing if that makes sense. Once it’s no longer under compression maybe the index points will change.
Anyway I’ve done my best to have it positioned at top dead centre.
If when the barrel is complete and once it’s installed back in the gun I get the same point of impact then I’ll be satisfied.