Fx 22 cal 500mm slug linner shooting slugs

I have done so and the results were abysmal.

Today, after giving up in frustration on the slugs from my Impact .22 cal., I went to JSB Exact Jumbo Monster Diabolo 25.4 gr. Redesigned. The results were exceptional -- pellet on pellet at 40 and 55 yards. The rifle propels these pellets at 925-930 fps. I'll test them at the range at 100 yards when the weather permits.

I have not given up on the .22 caliber slugs just yet, however, I needed something to motivate me and the pellets did the trick.

Addendum:The slugs tested were Varmint Knockers 22.1gr and Nielsen 23gr. (both .22 cal).

Impact 22 you have to try 217 and 218 to see if your barrel wants one over the other. Then different velocities. New slugs coming in 22 cal will be 1/3 current 22 cal pricing roughly making it easier to on the wallet to get them tuned.

~~~~~~~~~~

I've tried both diameters. So far, no luck with either. I'm retired and have nothing but time on my hands. This hobby keeps me occupied and I most certainly have not given up on the slugs. I will test the slugs at various distances and different velocities.

Thanks for the response.

*Right now I am waiting patiently for a shipment of 29 grain, .25 caliber slugs from you. 

Thanks

Your Best Customer!

So far, the majority of the results show that pellets are more accurate than slugs. I've tried them myself and got the same results from my 22 and 25. What's the holy grail here? If appears that a slug gun must be designed specifically to shoot them and have a specific purpose. Overall, pellet shooters seem more versatile for most of us.

So far, the majority of the results show that pellets are more accurate than slugs. I've tried them myself and got the same results from my 22 and 25. What's the holy grail here? If appears that a slug gun must be designed specifically to shoot them and have a specific purpose. Overall, pellet shooters seem more versatile for most of us.

I'm doing a bit of experimental work on the barrel breech in my .30 caliber Impact because I noticed that the pellet skirt had to really work itself into the chamber due to a pretty abrupt angle change. And because the probe doesn't push the pellet or slug this far into the breech the initial release of air must seat the pellet, sizing it, and send it on it's way. So I am changing the angle on the approach so the pellet skirt seals and sizes to the bore more gradually, thus using less initial air pressure to get things rolling. This may be a good idea to do for the slug's approach into the bore as well. My initial testing over the chrono (both pellets and slugs) shows about 5 fps gain on the top end of the regulator settings (165-170 bar), and most likely that the true gains are seen at the extreme low end of the regulator, again because it is using less pressure to get things rolling.