• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB Sport

Here's my FWB Sport. I sent it to Scott & yeah the difference was day and night.... I wonder whether these FWB sports will be sought after just like the 124s are when they are all gone

View attachment 283011
Gorgeous - where did you get that muzzle break? Purchased mine last month from AoA, am only getting about 815fps with 8.2g Meisterkulgens. Had AoA check their floor model, same. Everyone else on these forums posts much higher numbers. Curious what velocities you're getting after Scott's tune-up. That's probably my next step. I have already had the gun apart, did the basics - replaced the ridiculously loose piston seal with a red Maccari seal, lightly lubed the seal edge with ARH "super moly". The spring, guide and piston rod already had a little factory moly. After all that, velocity went down but I noticed the piston seal was tigher than factory. Sanded it down a tiny bit at a time, got velocity back to original. But still 40++ fps below what others are reporting. Thinking that Scott will be able to do a much better job at dialing everything in. Amazing how tempermental these guns are to tuning... Took me almost two months to get my Anschutz 380 working to spec. That was mainly a parts issue, but holy cow what a learning experience.

Gorgeous - where did you get that muzzle break? Purchased mine last month from AoA, am only getting about 815fps with 8.2g Meisterkulgens. Had AoA check their floor model, same. Everyone else on these forums posts much higher numbers. Curious what velocities you're getting after Scott's tune-up. That's probably my next step. I have already had the gun apart, did the basics - replaced the ridiculously loose piston seal with a red Maccari seal, lightly lubed the seal edge with ARH "super moly". The spring, guide and piston rod already had a little factory moly. After all that, velocity went down but I noticed the piston seal was tigher than factory. Sanded it down a tiny bit at a time, got velocity back to original. But still 40++ fps below what others are reporting. Thinking that Scott will be able to do a much better job at dialing everything in. Amazing how tempermental these guns are to tuning... Took me almost two months to get my Anschutz 380 working to spec. That was mainly a parts issue, but holy cow what a learning experience.
The muzzle break is the 12" apex that Maccari sells;

It seems he only has minor blem ones in stock though.

Mine also shot around 800 before & after the tune.

You will have to talk to Scott regarding the power. I am aware of certain tuners that will not increase the power of an air rifle if it sacrifices the shot cycle. I am not sure how Scott operates. Very pleased w/ the tune however, & I do not feel like I am missing out on any power.

The FWB sport is the highest worksmanship springer I have ever seen. I have 2. One tuned and one new in box.

Reactions: Str8tshooter
The muzzle break is the 12" apex that Maccari sells;

It seems he only has minor blem ones in stock though.

Mine also shot around 800 before & after the tune.

You will have to talk to Scott regarding the power. I am aware of certain tuners that will not increase the power of an air rifle if it sacrifices the shot cycle. I am not sure how Scott operates. Very pleased w/ the tune however, & I do not feel like I am missing out on any power.

The FWB sport is the highest worksmanship springer I have ever seen. I have 2. One tuned and one new in box.
Thanks RicL. Understood re: tune, I’m most interested in a smooth shot cycle without the twanging. My interest in velocity is merely that others make claims of higher numbers, leading me to believe the gun isn’t properly tuned. I’m plenty happy with it’s 12 fpe If that’s what the gun is designed for… specs seem to be higher.

Thanks RicL. Understood re: tune, I’m most interested in a smooth shot cycle without the twanging. My interest in velocity is merely that others make claims of higher numbers, leading me to believe the gun isn’t properly tuned. I’m plenty happy with it’s 12 fpe If that’s what the gun is designed for… specs seem to be higher.
I also bought two, leaving one in-box. It had a blemish so had to return it. Haven’t decided if I’ll purchase another one, but agree with you it’s got a good chance of increasing in value. By the way, not sure if you’ve disassembled one of these, but there are a lot more teeny tiny parts than the FWB 124. For example, the front sight alone has springs and steel bearings and a punch pin that need to be kept in a good small parts container. The trigger assembly is similar, has several tiny springs and a bearing that is really easy to lose, also an O-ring holding these pieces in place. That O-ring is fragile and broke on me, forcing me to contact FWB Germany to order replacement parts. PITA, have to say it’s not nearly as elegant as the Rekord In terms of serviceability.

Reactions: JamesD.
I also bought two, leaving one in-box. It had a blemish so had to return it. Haven’t decided if I’ll purchase another one, but agree with you it’s got a good chance of increasing in value. By the way, not sure if you’ve disassembled one of these, but there are a lot more teeny tiny parts than the FWB 124. For example, the front sight alone has springs and steel bearings and a punch pin that need to be kept in a good small parts container. The trigger assembly is similar, has several tiny springs and a bearing that is really easy to lose, also an O-ring holding these pieces in place. That O-ring is fragile and broke on me, forcing me to contact FWB Germany to order replacement parts. PITA, have to say it’s not nearly as elegant as the Rekord In terms of serviceability.
I like it better than the rekord triggers. I would actually prefer lower velocity on the FWB sport. My tuned one shoots well but quite strong, to the point where the stock cracked. FWB quoted me ~160 for a new stock. I don't think I will go this route though

Reactions: JamesD.
Man if I had a Rekord trigger on my 52 .25 I would probably sell everything else except that lefty FWB300 & R1

Reactions: jimk1963
I like it better than the rekord triggers. I would actually prefer lower velocity on the FWB sport. My tuned one shoots well but quite strong, to the point where the stock cracked. FWB quoted me ~160 for a new stock. I don't think I will go this route though
Agree the trigger feel is good. Wasn’t commenting on that, just design/serviceability. The steel balls associated with the trigger and rear sight are a minuscule 2.5mm (3/32”), and have to be held in place to reassemble. Springs are similarly tiny. Really disappointed in FWB’s engineering choices here, even though I like the gun as a shooter very much.

I absolutely love mine too!
Especially after the tune.
Tom at Vortek now has a PG2 kit cataloged for the sport! He can adjust the number of coils for power output! Kit # 905148-26TC2
The original kit we came up with is doing just under 12fpe with 26 coils and only about an inch of preload on the spring! Super snappy quick shot cycle. And any HW 30mm piston seal can be used. I have his 30mm R1 VAC seal in mine!
James from Michigan

Last edited:
I absolutely love mine too!
Especially after the tune.
Tom at Vortek now has a PG2 kit cataloged for the sport! He can adjust the number of coils for power output! Kit # 905148-26TC2
The original kit we came up with is doing just under 12fpe with 26 coils and only about an inch of preload on the spring! Super snappy quick shot cycle. And any HW 30mm piston seal can be used. I have his 30mm R1 VAC seal in mine!
James from Michigan
Thanks Chuck, I didnt realize HW seals fit the FWB Sport?? Never saw that reported previously. No machining required? Snaps on firmly? As for the kit you referenced, I don’t see it, or any PG2 kits on their site anymore, only PG4 kits… Tried searching for your kit number, nothing found?

Thanks Chuck, I didnt realize HW seals fit the FWB Sport?? Never saw that reported previously. No machining required? Snaps on firmly? As for the kit you referenced, I don’t see it, or any PG2 kits on their site anymore, only PG4 kits… Tried searching for your kit number, nothing found?
Have to call and talk directly to Tom for any of the older style kits.
He loves talking anything airgun.
And yes the HW style seal fits much better than the factory seal.

Reactions: jimk1963
just found your FWB Sport thread with that info, apologies for duplication. That is fantastic news to hear, I’m running experiments with factory seal, ARH sanded-down seal, and factory 28 coil spring vs Pyramid Air 29 coil spring (yes, they claim it’s an FWB replacement part but it’s actually longer). I would much prefer a Vortek moly seal if the “permanent lubrication” concept really works, ordering one today. Any idea where I can find a fitted spring guide?

That would be a CUSTOM part where as the name implies .. FITTED, referring to the fact a replacement spring guide is sized specifically to the springs inner diameter.
Hi Scott, yes understood, need the actual spring for proper fitting. If I ship a spring to you, can you fab the guide? Was also wondering if any expert tuners like yourself considered making guides with fixed diameter, very slightly oversized, that a customer could lightly sand down to fit their individual spring? Similar idea to what JM does with his ARH piston seals. Not sure the pros/cons with that concept.

I read that factory gun should come like a pro tuned gun shoots . SO you would pay for a new gun for X$ plus what the tune cost for a right out of the box gun ? example = $ 800.00 plus $200 tune ? and still get a mass produced gun that may still have the " Monday AM / Friday PM built syndrome " ?
And most people are ok with the guns as is , a good plinker or occasional Squirrel gun .

I read that factory gun should come like a pro tuned gun shoots . SO you would pay for a new gun for X$ plus what the tune cost for a right out of the box gun ? example = $ 800.00 plus $200 tune ? and still get a mass produced gun that may still have the " Monday AM / Friday PM built syndrome " ?
And most people are ok with the guns as is , a good plinker or occasional Squirrel gun .
Short answer, yes. I enjoy tinkering with the inner workings of these guns, puts me in the tiny minority I suppose. I rebuilt my Anschutz 380 in June/July, took nearly two months to get it right but I really enjoyed the challenge and learnings (much of the time was waiting around for parts). The members/experts on here and the other forums are just fantastic.

Hi Scott, yes understood, need the actual spring for proper fitting. If I ship a spring to you, can you fab the guide? Was also wondering if any expert tuners like yourself considered making guides with fixed diameter, very slightly oversized, that a customer could lightly sand down to fit their individual spring? Similar idea to what JM does with his ARH piston seals. Not sure the pros/cons with that concept.
From my perspective ... To much time invested for too little $$ return. Doing such would prompt more phone calls and time spend furthering the low profit margin of a single task / model part.

When making guides for guns on the work bench that are having other work done, the process of making and fitting a guide correctly is part of the job.

From my perspective ... To much time invested for too little $$ return. Doing such would prompt more phone calls and time spend furthering the low profit margin of a single task / model part.

When making guides for guns on the work bench that are having other work done, the process of making and fitting a guide correctly is part of the job.
No worries, understood! It's a business. Especially appreciative of your work now that I've spent months tuning a few guns (LG 380, FWB 124, FWB Sport).

Took a look at the kit makers out there (Vortek, TbT, et al), none haven't supported this rifle with their standard pre-fitted kits. Will look into the special-order PG2 kit referenced by ChuckHunter.

Thanks, spoke with Tom and have placed an order for a custom kit. Did you self-install your kit? Wondering what your kit looks like (any pictures?). Assume there's a spring guide on the trigger block end, wondering about the piston-end of the spring... Tom noted the Sport has its own top hat built into the piston (which I confirmed) so no top hat will be provided in my kit, only a couple of pre-load washers I can play with on the piston-end. So it's actually closer to a PG1 kit. In fact that's the part number he asked me to use in the order: (PG1-905148-28) with a "No Top Hat" note in parentheses. I went for 28 coils per the original factory spring, and will cut down coils on my own as needed. He remembered you and referenced his notes from working with you on your Sport. That helped move the conversation along much more quickly.