Lots of hits with search on forum.
Screenshot_20220801-131428_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have one and enjoy shooting it. The FWB Sport is a great rifle but, in my opinion, it requires a bit of work to get it to shoot without an annoying buzz. I find it to be powerful and accurate, and though others may disagree, I find the stark geometric lines rather pleasing.

One thing to consider, based on what I’ve read on another large airgun forum, is that the buzz was actually built in by FWB engineers. The idea being that the spring would eventually take a set and ride upon the spring guide (with its notably small diameter) and ultimately settle in with a smooth firing cycle. I’m not so sure I agree with that outcome as I shot close to a thousand pellets out of mine before I modified the spring guide to make the rifle more shooter friendly.

Would I recommend one even without any modifications? Sure. I enjoyed shooting my rifle even when it was in its stock configuration. You’ll find that it’s a quality product with a heck of an impressive lineage.

Reactions: Keene and Bolillo
I still enjoy mine. Long barrel, great sights, decent trigger, slim stock, medium power, nicely finished, not too heavy, what's not to like? The only improvement I would like to see would be a fully adjustable trigger. Mine has a bit of creep. Of my springers the Sport has become my first choice for hunting. Good accuracy, enough power, easy to carry, easy to cock and uncock. After a couple years of shooting, mine no longer "honks" on cocking and only has a little hum after the shot that might be originating from one of the trigger springs. But then the noise issues never did bother me.

I do question the desire to tune the Sport if that involves reducing power. At that point the HW 35e starts to look like a better option perhaps. Same piston diameter but shorter stroke, long barrel, nice sights, fully adjustable trigger, barrel lock, and walnut stock.

I'd look at a Hw50 before a 35. I know there's a lot of 35 fans out there but after finally handling, tuning and shooting one I don't see the attraction. From a practical standpoint the 50 IMO is a better choice for an all around mid power break barrel. I've owned two 50s, still own one and tuned a few others so I'm quite familiar with them.
Ymmv
Ron

The FWB sport was a fine hunting springer. Just about the right weight, following the lines of a good Rimfire hunter.
Often mentioned to be oversprung, but imo it was not. They had designed it well, with the pre load removing any chance of secondary piston bounce, a decent stroke and a quite well mannered 12 ftlbs could be had with decent 8.4 grain pellet weight.
It did not quite have the ultra solid build quality of its direct competitor, the HW35 but then no other spring gun has.
In a flat out, one on one shootout (all things being equal) the FWB Sport will edge out a HW35 just, but my choice would still be the 35 for a whole raft of reasons.
I found the 35 stock much more forgiving of repeatable holding, and from any shooting position. The lock up more reliably consistent and having the ability to close the breech in silence if you depressed its barrel lock while closing.
Servicing the 35 is also far easier, and the massive trigger block will last a lifetime of opening and closing the gun …being much more robust than these newer HW50/99.
Once dialled in the 35 takes some beating in the field after pests but that FWB Sport could edge it in a field target, straight shoot off.

The FWB sport was a fine hunting springer. Just about the right weight, following the lines of a good Rimfire hunter.
Often mentioned to be oversprung, but imo it was not. They had designed it well, with the pre load removing any chance of secondary piston bounce, a decent stroke and a quite well mannered 12 ftlbs could be had with decent 8.4 grain pellet weight.
It did not quite have the ultra solid build quality of its direct competitor, the HW35 but then no other spring gun has.
In a flat out, one on one shootout (all things being equal) the FWB Sport will edge out a HW35 just, but my choice would still be the 35 for a whole raft of reasons.
I found the 35 stock much more forgiving of repeatable holding, and from any shooting position. The lock up more reliably consistent and having the ability to close the breech in silence if you depressed its barrel lock while closing.
Servicing the 35 is also far easier, and the massive trigger block will last a lifetime of opening and closing the gun …being much more robust than these newer HW50/99.
Once dialled in the 35 takes some beating in the field after pests but that FWB Sport could edge it in a field target, straight shoot off.
ChuckHunter isn't talking about a 124 Sport. The newer Sport I believe is rated at 900 fps
whereas the 124 Sport was rated at 830 fps with light pellets.