Well it's accurate enough even with open sights at 20 yards!!! But WOW what Gamo sounding twanger! Really harsh shot cycle!
Will be taking her apart this weekend for some grooming before it gets a scope.

Check the piston seal fit on the piston when you have it apart, make sure it seems good and secure. They had some issues with poor retention. ARH makes a new seal for it, just in case.

On that note, make sure it's sealing well and the seal is snug to the tube. Most were pretty loose, and some had funky tube tolerances. A new seal that's sized for your gun would be a good investment IMO while it's apart.

A good fitting seal and a little spring reduction will tame it quite a bit.

Enjoy it, nice looking gun! Looking forward to seeing how you like it. Keep us posted!

Check the piston seal fit on the piston when you have it apart, make sure it seems good and secure. They had some issues with poor retention. ARH makes a new seal for it, just in case.

On that note, make sure it's sealing well and the seal is snug to the tube. Most were pretty loose, and some had funky tube tolerances. A new seal that's sized for your gun would be a good investment IMO while it's apart.

A good fitting seal and a little spring reduction will tame it quite a bit.

Enjoy it, nice looking gun! Looking forward to seeing how you like it. Keep us posted!
Got a seal on the way! And while I wait I'm gonna take her apart and head to a friend's house to make a new rear spring guide and probably chop a coil or two off the spring.
And since I'm going to all this trouble I might as well make a piston sleeve too. Rifle has good bones! Just gonna take some work.

I got it from a friend. Just been sitting in his safe!
But last I checked AoA still had a few in stock. Probably the last to be had !
Good find ! I'm sure alot of that harsh firing behavior is a result of the stout
mainspring. Post some pictures of your disassembly. I'd like to see the guts
of that Feinwerkbau.

Reactions: fishing43
After a member here very generously made me a tight fitting rear guide my FWB became a different gun entirely, far less twangy/noisy/jumpy, and much more enjoyable to shoot. I did fit an ARH seal but it was too tight in the tube and the gun lost a lot of power. I'm told the ARH seals need to be sized, but I wasn't up to the task. I reinstalled the OEM seal and regained the lost fps. The OEM seal is a bit loose on the piston, but the one in my gun was not loose enough to fall off. In hindsight would have liked to try a Vortek VacSeal but I don't know that there's a VacSeal that would fit. There is some speculation that the parachute style OEM piston seals perform better in this gun than the cup-faced ones, but I haven't had that pleasure with a properly fitted cup-faced seal as yet. The gun is spot on accurate as it is. As Phillip noted earlier a bit of relatively easy fettling and the gun is dramatically improved. At the price AoA is currently selling the FWB Sport, even with some extra work and parts, you have an air rifle that is easily in the same class as a TX200, and for considerably less money. ENJOY!

Reactions: phillip
Meeting up with Tom from Vortek at the Mid Michigan airgun show tomorrow to get my spring kit for this FWB.... 😎👊
Let us know how it turns out once you get it installed, cool to meet Tom. I really enjoy my FWB Sport, i had Motorhead service and tune mine, it is starting to settle in at 760 fps w FTT at 4600ft elevation. I have Vortek installed on my TX200 .177 12ft. lb kit and one on my HW80 .22, FAC one on my HW77k .20 FAC all super.

Well this is working out pretty well...
Have about a hundred rounds through it this morning with the new kit that Tom and I came up with. It's settling in at 780fps with AAs 8.4s and 830fps with AAs 7.87s and very accurate even with my blind eyes and open sights!
Also to my surprise his R1/HW80 VAC piston seal fits perfectly!
Will be getting a scope mounted this week and will post some groups. Quick snappy shot cycle and no buzz what so ever! 😉
Not sure if he's going to stock this kit but can special order it. PG2 kit 905148-26TC2
This is the kit with 26 coils and can add 1 or 2 more for more power! But I think this kit is perfect for this platform.

James from Michigan

Reactions: fishing43
11.5ish FPE out of a 30mm powerplant?

Were you aiming for a low power tune?

How did the tube dimensions feel?
Think the tube is ok and yes was looking to detune it some. The piston stroke on this gun is only 3.5 inches and factory spring was harsh ! It's not an R1 more like a HW35 in it's build.

Reactions: thumper