FWB FWB SPORT ALERT!

If you ever wanted one, the FWB Sport is now discontinued according to AOA Staff. AOA bought the last ones made, and now that I bought number 6, there are 5 more left. It is in .177 only and was made long after the FWB 124D was made. I have serial number 18866, which was shipped to the original ARH in the spring of 1979. I still have that rifle in primo shape. Motorhead recently rebuilt it with an HO Vortex spring. It shoots like a dream and is better than it ever did. I will test and come back with how the FWB Sport shoots.

If you ever wanted one, the FWB Sport is now discontinued according to AOA Staff. AOA bought the last ones made, and now that I bought number 6, there are 5 more left. It is in .177 only and was made long after the FWB 124D was made. I have serial number 18866, which was shipped to the original ARH in the spring of 1979. I still have that rifle in primo shape. Motorhead recently rebuilt it with an HO Vortex spring. It shoots like a dream and is better than it ever did. I will test and come back with how the FWB Sport shoots.
I have two of them. Fantastic guns just like their older brother. Just like their older brother though, they are snappy. The new Sports one and only weakness (IMO) is that rear guide. Replace that with a tighter fitting guide and the gun is completely transformed. As for stuff that isn't really needed, losing 1-2 coils on the factory spring tames it quite a bit. The piston seal is also fairly loose fitting on the piston but it never gave me any issue. You can toss a Vortek HW80 seal on there cheap and fix that pretty easily though.

Enjoy the gun man!

This is crazy. The last ones at Champions Choice were sold cheaper and cheaper till they were all gone. The last ones went for only 299.00 if I remember correctly. By the time I got there, they were gone of course.
True enough, but that was then. Also reflects business decision driven by real costs of carrying inventory, ROI and taxes. CC chose to liquidate rather than hold. AOA has chosen to hold aged inventory to keep available, and charges accordingly. If only we all had time machines.

This has been on my “Intrigued, maybe buy” list for a while. Coming to the very last of the last drove a decision. I’m at a point where I can comfortably buy and so did. Now or never.

Lots and lots of written and video reviews, good and bad. Lots of opinions. A fair share of helpful info and some crap, as always.

These have been sitting in boxes on a shelf for years, went out of production in 2018, IIRC. Purchase eyes wide open.

Thank you (I think) @readyfisher9 for pushing me to decide. I did leave the last 4 for others.

Last edited:
Reactions: harrympope
Ok you guys got me to look at the FWB again. I shot one a few years ago. The quality impressed me. The angular styling not so much. Lots of FWB Sport fans around so I figured I'd give it a second look. Unfortunately the current $700 price tag is too much for me to add another airgun to my collection. The quality may be better than my 177 Hw95 but it's purpose would be redundant. I'm a shooter, not a collector. I can't afford to buy expensive redundant purpose guns. No matter how nice they are. I'd like a HW95N too but the same situation applies. Good luck to those able to get the last few.

I have two of them. Fantastic guns just like their older brother. Just like their older brother though, they are snappy. The new Sports one and only weakness (IMO) is that rear guide. Replace that with a tighter fitting guide and the gun is completely transformed. As for stuff that isn't really needed, losing 1-2 coils on the factory spring tames it quite a bit. The piston seal is also fairly loose fitting on the piston but it never gave me any issue. You can toss a Vortek HW80 seal on there cheap and fix that pretty easily though.

Enjoy the gun man!
Yes, the rear stock guide is feeble. I was lucky enough to have someone run me up a tight fitting stainless steel guide, and the difference was night and day. It went from a door with a rusty hinge banging in a gale, to a much less deafening and pleasurable gunto shoot. I will say that I was not originally too smitten by the trigger. Adjustments, via sear engagement, veered from a very stiff 1st stage to an instant let off 2nd stage, with little or no warning. As time has gone by the 1st stage has softened up, so there is now a subtle, but definite, tiny click and a stop, to a 2nd stage that lets off in ounces. Not quite a Rekord, but pretty damned close. It's the only gun I have that almost never needs a scope adjustment after sitting for weeks, and if then only a click or two L/R, U/D. And it prints just over a 1/4 inch at 25 yds on a good day. AADFs and QYS domes, the latter being a tad more accurate. I nearly passed out when I first hit the buy button, wondering if this was going to be money down a rat hole(and scared SWMBO would find out!). Can't say I regret a second of hesitation now, and the missus is chuffed that I like it so much. One of y'all should buy the last ones!

Reactions: Sqwirl57
It's the only gun I have that almost never needs a scope adjustment after sitting for weeks, and if then only a click or two L/R, U/D.
Same with mine. My scoped Sport had been sitting for a couple of months and I decided to take it for a spin. My intention had been to shoot 5 groups but then I shot one group, no warmups, and put her away. It wasn't the greatest group I've ever shot but from a cold gun that hadn't been touched in awhile, I wasn't going to push my luck and just end things with a grin on my face.

Screenshot_20240101-200812_Range Buddy.jpg

Same with mine. My scoped Sport had been sitting for a couple of months and I decided to take it for a spin. My intention had been to shoot 5 groups but then I shot one group, no warmups, and put her away. It wasn't the greatest group I've ever shot but from a cold gun that hadn't been touched in awhile, I wasn't going to push my luck and just end things with a grin on my face.

View attachment 428958
Forgot to mention....... The stock seal is a bit loose, and I had put in a ARH seal but it was too tight, and I had neither the skill or wherewithal to size it, so the stock seal went back in. I have a Britseal on the way to try, and if that doesn't satisfy then an 80 seal is next.

Forgot to mention....... The stock seal is a bit loose, and I had put in a ARH seal but it was too tight, and I had neither the skill or wherewithal to size it, so the stock seal went back in. I have a Britseal on the way to try, and if that doesn't satisfy then an 80 seal is next.
Are you going with a vortek seal next