• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB P 70

Buy the P70 only if it's been tuned by Allen Z (AZ).

The AA HFT 500 is a good gun that shoots pretty flat even without a regulator to go bad however it's pretty LOUD and needs a custom made LDC to get it quiet due to how the barrel is positioned in relation to the air tube.

The AA CZ S200 would be a cheaper alternative that can easily be made quiet too. It's pretty LOUD without an LDC.

If shooting at the higher OPEN or the HUNTER allowed 20 fpe limit .... the FWB P70's needs to have an *aftermarket PLENUM / breech block extension fitted.

*these are no longer being made or offered best i know. They allowed BOTH scope rings to secure upon the main chassis of the rifle and not 50/50 being one on receiver, one on barrel as the factory 10M configuration did. Obviously offering greater plenum volume and power above 10M requirements,

That's the one Rob, sounds like this is a no go? Are you enjoying yours

Thanks

Bill

I love mine but for me I got it because I had always wanted one. When I got it the rifle had been unused for several years and needed work. Rifle is extremely accurate. Like mentioned, scope mounting can be a challenge. I used FX adjustable mounts but did have to modify them to clear the barrel. 

IF I were in the market for a field target rifle and was only going to have one it wouldn’t be a P70. There is no real off the shelf support for these old guns. Back when they were new it was AZ building them, I think Slade services them. Other than that not sure.

I always suggest anyone looking to shoot field target or bench rest go to a match and check it out before buying anything. Guys there will let you try their gear. See what you like. And, there are always deals on equipment at the clubs.

This is the current FT FWB...

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/feinwerkbau-fwb-800-x-field-target-12-ft/lbs/#tab-2

Screenshot_2020-10-14-01-09-282.1602673882.png

If you have the means then by all means...

I like it a lot better than my AZ P70 FT but there's a big price difference between them even with AZ hot rod fees factored in added to the old P70. It's only one motion to cock and load compared to the P70 and the scope rail is more than adequate. Been kicking around which scope to make a permanent home on this one... Thinking Kahles...1050FT? The helicopter scope!

20200724_1129362.1602674244.jpg

Thanks for all of your Feinwerkbau knowledge and input. I have a AZ FT P70 red aluminum. I had a Leupold 6.5-20 EFR mounted but now have a ATN 4Kpro 5-20. It is awesome and more ways to use it (night vision, instant ranging with laser range finder, video recording etc). I would love a new 800 aluminum FT though. Seems as though the velocity is a little less powerful than my AZ model (even the 20 Joule model). Would love to message you some questions but don't have my 10 posts yet to do so. Thanks for the constant info.

Wish I had pictures to share .. Going back now @ 10 years ago we were still seeing a few P70's in FT competition here on the west coast.
ALL the P70 guns being used were heavily modified having custom breech blocks / plenum extensions fitted.

Too this day I still wish I had acquired a P70, I had one loaned to me for a summer but it never shot better than rifle i was currently using.
There feel overall and THAT TRIGGER !!! were sublime. Just a really really cool rifle !!
But learned along my Field Target journey, Accuracy when weighted against other guns while very good was shy of great .... Great wins more matches over very good & other rifles proved the better tool for the Job of precision FT shooting.

Great gun to have .. but seeking to play the FT game along side more modern or specialty FT AG's ... Tough road at best.

Thanks for the info. I really don't need anymore airguns but having numerous feinwerkbaus and beeman (early 2000's) I do gravitate to looking for something in the .22 pcp category. I would like it regulated, not too heavy and a good all round gun for rats etc to 50 yards. I had a maurader in .22 but didn't like it not being regulated. Totally a hard question but can you point me to something? I would rather not end up paying more fixing it up than just crying once and being done. Thanks again