FWB FWB 65 pistol question

Hi all,
I bought a well used one a month back. The seller said it would need a rebuild so I ordered the parts from ARH while waiting for the gun. She showed up and I shot her a few times. Twanged like crazy and all the seals were shot. Took her apart and replaced the seals and bump part. I didn't disassemble any trigger parts. Just the end cap and lever. Now the problem, when reassembled, you cock her and the lever won't close. The only way to shut her is to lift a small trigger part, saw this on utube, then she'll close and shoot. The only problem is that that's done without the trigger part on. Anyone know, or maybe guess, what I'm doing wrong that she won't shut? I've googled and utubed and a few guys say pull the cocking lever ALL the way back and she'll shut.; did that and nothing. Anyway, any help appreciated. If you want to email me: [email protected]

I have to pull this part up with a pick and it will allow the gun to close and fire.

IMG_1009 (1).jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

there is a expansion spring can you take a picture of that or from top so we can see in the frame better
did you can the trigger area at all it looks dirty from age
Everything is intact. I haven't cleaned anything in the trigger compartment and I'm thinking that might be the problem. I think my next step is to take the trigger/sledge mechanism apart, clean and lube. I'll report on those efforts.

These are the best pictures I have found. They were swiped from an eBay auction. I can’t from these tell if the sliding chamber or the piston itself resets that lever. I always remove the rear pin and spring to enable the rear lever to swing out of the way to slide out the piston and chamber. If you didn’t could you have bent something? Also the ARH piston buffer is harder to seat than the factory buffer. I dress them and cut a tiny air release at the buffer skirt to help them seat. My thought being if the buffer wasn’t fully seated the chamber wouldn’t travel as far back If it is what resets the lever.
Also make sure that the anti bear trap lever that is actuated by the small buffer is sliding freely with the action open.
IMG_1229.jpeg

IMG_1230.png

Last edited:
These are the best pictures I have found. They were swiped from an eBay auction. I can’t from these tell if the sliding chamber or the piston itself resets that lever. I always remove the rear pin and spring to enable the rear lever to swing out of the way to slide out the piston and chamber. If you didn’t could you have bent something? Also the ARH piston buffer is harder to seat than the factory buffer. I dress them and cut a tiny air release at the buffer skirt to help them seat. My thought being if the buffer wasn’t fully seated the chamber wouldn’t travel as far back If it is what resets the lever.
Also make sure that the anti bear trap lever that is actuated by the small buffer is sliding freely with the action open.
View attachment 441822

View attachment 441823
Ok thanks. I'll work on her next weekend and see what I can do. It has been tinkered with before. Previous owner(s) cut the metal pistol grip to allow for the grips to fit. It'll be in my tackle box from now on so looks are irrelevant.

Here's the best I could do on pics. I'll take it apart next weekend and hopefully figure out what's wrong and be able to put it back together!
Thanks for all the help.

View attachment 442106

View attachment 442107

View attachment 442108
I haven't taken anything from the trigger apart except the round piece in the back to remove the endcap and spring. Like I said it was working fine, except weak as heck, before the seals. Now I have a paper weight, at least for now anyway.

that my friend is a crime scene

so that is an early pistol without the adjustable rear sight for notch width and no extended frame tang
Waffencanter shows the later frame available and i don't know if the early and later frame could be interchanged
i would email Feinwerkbau and see about a new grip frame
https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/s...P-65/-Griffstueck-FEINWERKBAU-LP65::8135.html

of course it is my personal feeling

Last edited:
Reactions: Ievgen721
that my friend is a crime scene

so that is an early pistol without the adjustable rear sight for notch width and no extended frame tang
Waffencanter shows the later frame available and i don't know if the early and later frame could be interchanged
i would email Feinwerkbau and see about a new grip frame
https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/s...P-65/-Griffstueck-FEINWERKBAU-LP65::8135.html

of course it is my personal feeling
Thanks for the link. Best selection of Feinwerkbau parts I have seen. I wonder if my iPad will translate it to English?