• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB 601 Scope Mounts

I have a new to me FWB 601 that I would like to scope. I know the loading gate is quite high so very high rings will be required (if there are rings that are that tall). I also have seen a kit that adds a side mounted lever to a shortened gate. Unfortunately the short gates (or for that matter even stock length gates) are no longer in production.

Has anyone had experience adding a scope to a 601 (or similar) that can offer suggestions or advice?

Corky

not sure of the mount type on that particular gun, but what ive done before on other guns is use a picatinny riser mount .. like a short one .. then instead of thinking long scope think compact, like something with a mount already built into it with a small base no longer than the riser .. another nifty item thats kindof obscure that mey help depending on what you got, is UTG makes a dovetail adapter you can plug into a pic/weaver mount to make it work .. ive used um theyre quite effective ..

I’m going to have to take some measurements. But a 11mm to picatinny and high mounts might work. 

The idea of the short gate and the offset lever for closing the gate is probably a good option, but a little scary because of having to modify the existing gate. With no replacement parts available that adds a level of stress to modifying the only gate I have. Mess that up and I’ve created a whole new set of problems. 

I’m hoping someone will chime in that has added a scope to a 601 with a proven solution. 

This is how I did my FWB 601 SSP. Used the short gate sold on eBay. Zero eye relief MTC scope. Dovetail to pic rail riser.

0A227B46-0053-413F-974F-2EA6EDEECF8C.1615868875.jpeg