FWB FWB 300S

Been looking for one for a bit after hearing everyone else rave about how much they like shooting theirs. Matter of fact, some of y’all probably owe me money! I’ll set up a GoFundMe 😉. Stumbled on this one. LH stock it’s in is beech but RH looks to be walnut. Bonus. Came with 20 or so front sight inserts. Bluing in good shape, had one rust spot at rear of shroud at the threads. Came off easily but bluing was already gone. Shoots great. I put rear sight on hand tight, walked out to 12 yards and shot a 1.5” spinner standing offhand. Twice. With a LH stock and not even sighted in and a loose rear sight I was pretty darn happy. Should probably leave it that way ha ha ha. Before any lefties ask, LH stock may be spoken for. Someone on Target Talk messaged me before I even had it in hand. Made him what I thought was a very fair offer. If anyone else is interested let me know and if it doesn’t work out with him I’ll let you know.

20231107_101612_resized.jpeg

20231107_101658_resized.jpeg

20231107_102344_resized.jpeg

Been looking for one for a bit after hearing everyone else rave about how much they like shooting theirs. Matter of fact, some of y’all probably owe me money! I’ll set up a GoFundMe 😉. Stumbled on this one. LH stock it’s in is beech but RH looks to be walnut. Bonus. Came with 20 or so front sight inserts. Bluing in good shape, had one rust spot at rear of shroud at the threads. Came off easily but bluing was already gone. Shoots great. I put rear sight on hand tight, walked out to 12 yards and shot a 1.5” spinner standing offhand. Twice. With a LH stock and not even sighted in and a loose rear sight I was pretty darn happy. Should probably leave it that way ha ha ha. Before any lefties ask, LH stock may be spoken for. Someone on Target Talk messaged me before I even had it in hand. Made him what I thought was a very fair offer. If anyone else is interested let me know and if it doesn’t work out with him I’ll let you know.

View attachment 404114

View attachment 404115

View attachment 404116
I also have a very nice one in a left hand stock and being left handed it sure is a jewel of a 10 meter rifle. Charles

Been thinking about getting one for 20 yrs, guess I need to get with it.. Nice gun.
Some of the best money you could spend in this hobby would be on a FWB 300 OR 300S.
Assuming one is in good working order, you establish your routine for loading, and the rifle just repeatedly places a pellet precisely where it is aimed.
You can spice one up a bit with a Maccari spring, giving it even more potential for light pesting. The rifle even remains very easy to cok with a stouter spring.

Reactions: Vana2
That’s awesome. Look at the smile on his face! Going to try to chrono this one today before rain comes. Talked to seller yesterday and he said he bought it while in Germany so I’m guessing it’s probably running 5 FPE or so. Really nice shooter, buddy of mine tried it last night and was amazed. I might actually send this one to Motörhead when he’s up and running again, have seen so many rave reviews about his work on these rifles. Have already had a master craftsman kindly offer to refinish stock for me. Might as well give it the best tune it can get too 😁

Reactions: .20calguy
That’s awesome. Look at the smile on his face! Going to try to chrono this one today before rain comes. Talked to seller yesterday and he said he bought it while in Germany so I’m guessing it’s probably running 5 FPE or so. Really nice shooter, buddy of mine tried it last night and was amazed. I might actually send this one to Motörhead when he’s up and running again, have seen so many rave reviews about his work on these rifles. Have already had a master craftsman kindly offer to refinish stock for me. Might as well give it the best tune it can get too 😁
They are not hard to work on, if you are set up to break it down that is. Parts and seals are pretty easy to source, with some exceptions, like the trigger carrier.

Send it off to Scott, and you will have a rifle that someone will still be enjoying 50 years from now.

They are not hard to work on, if you are set up to break it down that is. Parts and seals are pretty easy to source, with some exceptions, like the trigger carrier.

Send it off to Scott, and you will have a rifle that someone will still be enjoying 50 years from now.
Yep. With the exception of taking trigger apart or replacing a piston ring or the bumper I feel pretty confident. But, I hear Scott has learned a few tricks to making them even better.

Yep. With the exception of taking trigger apart or replacing a piston ring or the bumper I feel pretty confident. But, I hear Scott has learned a few tricks to making them even better.
I would be 110% confident sending one to Scott for a spa treatment.
I've heard the term 'slicker than greased glass' used in reference to some Motorheaded springers, more than once.

I would be 110% confident sending one to Scott for a spa treatment.
I've heard the term 'slicker than greased glass' used in reference to some Motorheaded springers, more than once.
Yep. Particularly in regards to the 300S. I have no doubt I could do a decent job with it. But I want more than “decent” for this gun so I’ll wait for Scott to heal.

Had a blast with this today. Tested and it’s making right around 6 FPE with either AA 8.4 or 7.33. Silly accurate. But, had trouble getting it to zero at 14 yards. A little high and just a hair right and when I went to adjust found the windage was maxed and I only had enough elevation adjustment to bring it down 1/4” or less. Type 1 rear sight, the one with the big knob on the right. It’s mounted correctly. Found one of MDriskill’s great posts and made sure the alignment marks were correct and the bolt seated in rail where it belongs. Knobs are set where they were when it got to me so high and a little right obviously not a new issue. Stock front tunnel sight with inserts. Consistent as all get out, just can’t bring it down anymore. Anything in particular I should look at?