• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB 300s v. FWB 600

tiptop

Nov 12, 2016
OH
I've done some online searching and can't find anything comparing the power mechanisms on these two guns. I know the 600 followed the 300 in 1984 and that both shoot similar fps. Are the mechanisms significantly different? Does one require more frequent or difficult maintenance than the other? Cocking effort similar? Thanks!

Reactions: Ziabeam
I've had both. Still own the FWB 601. Both are fine airguns.

The 300S is a spring piston with a unique release that allows the action to move which dampens much of the barrel harmonics and is perceived by the shooter as being nearly recoilless.

The 600 series (600/601/603) are SSP (single stroke pneumatic) and aside from having to be cocked, offer the same advantages found in a PCP, namely no moving piston.
Of the two the 600 is MUCH easier to service, with rebuild kits being readily available and can easily be rebuilt at home in an afternoon with no special tools or skills required... just make sure you use FWB's non-petroleum based lube to avoid detonation in the chamber.

If you opt for the 600 I'd recommend the 601 or 603.

The 601 fixed a few complaints found on the 600, yet costs much less than the 603 which has an inertial air driven recoil doo-hickey on the left side, being its main difference.