• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB 300s new age reguild

Having several FWB 300s's, I decided to try something a bit different with one of the minis. I disassembled the gun completely and cleaned it thoroughly with solvent cleaner, making sure every piece was spotless, or as close as i could get it.
I lubed everything with Krytox 205 chamber, ring, piston, spring guide and spring. All very lightly, except the spring ends, which was just a tad more. The chamber was very light, and then wiped off lightly. The piston to chamber was smoooooth as silk. The recoil pins were lubed with just a tad more too. Then I installed a new ARH spring, seal and bumper, and carefully reassembled it.
First initial firing is really smooth and slick, and believe it or not, much less twang than the old moly lube, which also was sparingly done. I was surprised as i thought the spring would have more twang to it, but it is really a nice shooting rifle now. I had noticed with the previous moly tune, that velocity variations were starting to show up and so I thought it was time to give it a new tune. I haven't run it across the chrony yet, I'll give it a few days of shooting to settle in and then put it through it's paces. The old moly tune had something like 30fps spread over quite a few shots, don't remember exactly, but I was surprised at how much, and it had new seals it it recently, so that was not the problem, it was just the lube drying out and migrating. Can't wait to see if Krytox does as well here as it does in some of the other guns I've read about. This rifle is known to be laser accurate, so it's a good candidate for the test. Heck, I haven't shot or owned a FWB 300 that wasn't laser accurate, so that's not saying much though.
Anyone tried anything like this on their 300? I know they like to run them dry, but I just thought I'd give this a try.

Reactions: beerthief
I see this post is older but no response so I'll resurrect it ...
My 300su is a later model with old buffer, original springs and a new breach seal. Out of 10 different pellets the fps spread varies little and accuracy is extremely good except for Sig 7.87 pb domes and H&N Excite economy 7.4 wadcutters...these to types don't play well out of my 300su. Accuracy is about 5/16" at 10m, as well as the Sig pellets.

Velocity is between 495 and 520 fps. Not sure how people are getting 640+ fps out of their rifles but for punching Itty bitty holes in paper or wacking chipmunks out to 45yds, I really don't need to mess with it.