Tuning FWB 300S bolt dropped out

While bench shooting my FW300S the other day I notice a bolt laying on the table just under the gun. On closer inspection, I could see that it was the middle bolt in the rail under the forestock. I didn't see any washer or spacer, just the bolt. So I screwed the bolt back in (it went in pretty far compared to the other two bolts) until it was snug. The next shot the recoil-less action did not work. I backed out the bolt a few turns and the recoilless action started to work again.

At this point, the bolt is not that tight in its spot, which I'm assuming means it will eventually work its way out again. Should there have been a spacer (or washer) so the bolt would snug tight without locking the action OR should I put a dab of blue loctite on the threads of the bolt and thread it in to the point of just before locking the action?

Thanks

11E92B3D-8150-4B4E-B099-9A13CAFF8853.1620149626.png
This might help. I had a similar issue with a different gun and the schematic gave a part number for screws washers and screw cups. Good luck sorting things out.

I've been in three different FWBs, 2 300s's and 1 300. That middle bolt is one of the bolts that holds action to the stock. The outer two "bolts" in the rail are actually screws that hold the UIT rail to the stock. At least one of the bolts that go through the trigger guard also hold the action to the stock.

It's been a while, but I think I remember having lock washers on the middle bolt that you say fell out.

I've been in three different FWBs, 2 300s's and 1 300. That middle bolt is one of the bolts that holds action to the stock. The outer two "bolts" in the rail are actually screws that hold the UIT rail to the stock. At least one of the bolts that go through the trigger guard also hold the action to the stock.

It's been a while, but I think I remember having lock washers on the middle bolt that you say fell out.

Thanks. Put a lock washer on it and it seems to be doing the trick. Snugs up tight but bolt doesn't stop the action from sliding.