FWB 300S: 2nd Place 25 Meter Springer at EBR Matches. What it took, and . . .

First, I'll start by showing you what I got from going there in the first place.

Here is a picture of the loot. I forgot the t-shirt since it was in the laundry. Almost all the SWAG fits into an AoA shopping bag so it really does not take up all that much room.

viewFile.html

Next is the rifle, scope set-up, and pellets. This older club rifle has seen quite a bit of use over its life. I topped it with a SWFA SS 20x fixed power scope with true mildot reticule. The base is a B-Square adjustable droop mount with Vortex rings. I shot JSB 10.34 Exacts. I do not know the exact velocity, but my best guess is that the rifle pushed them out at about 515 ft/s or so. This slow speed made
wind drift quite interesting.

viewFile.html

My final score was a "measly" 641 - 6X, but apparently it was good enough for second place. The entire springclass was relegated to shooting the first few benches, where the wind is reputed to be extremely difficult. I found that this is indeed the case as it was even a bit more difficult than my home ranges which are quite tricky as well.

Here are the targets with the 10 ring being a mere 2mm in diameter.

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

Finally, to give you an idea of what it took, here is a picture of my sights superimposed on a target. To its right is the area of my hold with nine-ring sized representative aiming points. Below, are those aiming points with the extreme hits I saw relative to the cross-hairs. The shaded area in this last picture is where the pellets landed in my view. 

viewFile.html