• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Jonnes is WAY too modest !!! He knows more about taking a barrel out than I would . My personal advice for what its worth would be take it to a good gunsmith ...He can cut a new crown without removing the barrel . 
The one and only 300 that I know had previously had the barrel removed suffered from pretty severe POI shifts . Could have just been a fluke , but it made me hesitant to attempt it . I ended up using it as a parts gun because it never shot right . 
David Slade here stateside could do it if necessary I'm sure . So could OC Bolding at Fangs Junkyard airguns. Email OC and see what he recommends . 

You've got way more experience on those rifles than I do Joe, who's being modest here. ;)

But I fully agree with you, re-crowning a barrel is something that should be done by an experienced gun smith. They can do it without having to remove the barrel from the action, and potentially ruining the rifle. Clearly they weren't built to easily remove the barrel for maintenance. It takes a lot of work to remove one, and reseating it is a b*tch. Pressed and glued, I'm not going to do it ever again, even though I'm reasonably experienced hobby gun smith.