FWB FWB 300 - What’s it Worth?

I have a friend who has a FWB 300 that he is selling and does not know a fair price to charge me for it. I believe it is the base model, i.e, the comb is not adjustable. It is in relatively good condition, considering its age. The wood does not have any cracks, large pressure marks, or scratches. The finish on the bottom of the forearm is thinning. The bluing is in good condition with minor freckling in a small area around rear sight dovetail. i have shot it rifle and it appears to be very accurate, itdoes not appear to have any mechanical problems. Is $550 a fair price? Thanks, Tom

I have a friend who has a FWB 300 that he is selling and does not know a fair price to charge me for it. I believe it is the base model, i.e, the comb is not adjustable. It is in relatively good condition, considering its age. The wood does not have any cracks, large pressure marks, or scratches. The finish on the bottom of the forearm is thinning. The bluing is in good condition with minor freckling in a small area around rear sight dovetail. i have shot it rifle and it appears to be very accurate, itdoes not appear to have any mechanical problems. Is $550 a fair price? Thanks, Tom
For sure!

Reactions: Ranchibi
but when was it's last rebuilt if ever
the hard parts will not wear but that internal buffer will turn to crap after a life of never been change
you can cock it and look, if it cream or white in color it is old and original if blue much newer
and that will help you with the value
the blue book says 1500 in 100% and that is absurd but in 90% only 525.00 and that would not take into consideration of a rebuild
there are 2 main soft parts on a 300, the breech seal that can be change from the breech and the internal buffer that can be reach by taking the gun apart and removing the piston
the bottom line is do not go underwater with the price of the rifle and the repair if needed unless you could do it yourself
many get a gun that they think is a good price only to drop a couple hundred in it to make it right

just my observations as a buyer

Reactions: AirShot
the reality is all the 300 are doomed
there is one part that is no longer made and is very important, it is complicated and made of plastic and it is the trigger carrier
this subject was raised a few years back and none were found
but all old gun will have one part that puts them on the wall and that is the problem with some air guns they are very complicated because of the number of parts needed

and he is not selling he is buying