• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB 300 Offhand Practice/Chill Session

It's that time of year again. Early sunsets, cool temps, and 10meter springers in the garage, at 10 meters.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't spend the whole winter shooting in the garage, but a couple times a month I'll have a short little offhand session. And these two are the guns of choice for such action.
fwb.jpg

fwb1.jpg

Top one is an FWB300, stamped with Daisy markings. OEM diopter sights, other than a round ring in the front end, rather than the typical post. Quite accurate method, centering the round rear ring with the round front ring all with the bull concentrically placed in the middle. Essentially lining up three circles. Makes my OCD happy, and the brain and eye coordination just want to do it.

Bottom is an FWB300s "Mini" with a compact little 4x UTG scope that'll focus down to 5 yards. Perfect for this.

With the diopters (no magnification) I can't see how I did til I go up and check it out. I'm typically pleased.
With the 4x on the Mini I can pretty well tell where they're landing.

I'm no Olympic level offhand shooter, but I do enjoy a laidback session like the above-described. Usually only take 20-30 shots from each gun, and that's how it went this evening. Good fun.

Upper left was the 300, upper right was the 300s Mini.
fwb2.jpg

And the paper pulled back to show the fresh cardboard target backer tells the tale a bit better.
fwb3.jpg

If I was an urban prisoner, with the typical 30 yard max back yard, and with no field target of any sort within driving distance, I think I could be perfectly content with these two and a much more simple airgun experience, sans tanks and high end optics and shot counts and magazines and dope and sidewheels and bipods and shooting sticks and hamsters and harnesses and compressors and fittings and gauges and moderators and shrouds and hoses and fill stations and orings and every pellet and slug known to man.

Simple is good (sometimes).

It's that time of year again. Early sunsets, cool temps, and 10meter springers in the garage, at 10 meters.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't spend the whole winter shooting in the garage, but a couple times a month I'll have a short little offhand session. And these two are the guns of choice for such action.
View attachment 302609
View attachment 302610
Top one is an FWB300, stamped with Daisy markings. OEM diopter sights, other than a round ring in the front end, rather than the typical post. Quite accurate method, centering the round rear ring with the round front ring all with the bull concentrically placed in the middle. Essentially lining up three circles. Makes my OCD happy, and the brain and eye coordination just want to do it.

Bottom is an FWB300s "Mini" with a compact little 4x UTG scope that'll focus down to 5 yards. Perfect for this.

With the diopters (no magnification) I can't see how I did til I go up and check it out. I'm typically pleased.

I'm no Olympic level offhand shooter, but I do enjoy a laidback session like the above-described. Usually only take 20-30 shots from each gun, and that's how it went this evening. Good fun.

View attachment 302611

And the paper pulled back to show the fresh cardboard target backer tells the tale a bit better.
View attachment 302612

If I was an urban prisoner, with the typical 30 yard max back yard, and with no field target of any sort within driving distance, I think I could be perfectly content with these two and a much more simple airgun experience, sans tanks and high end optics and shot counts and magazines and dope and sidewheels and bipods and shooting sticks and hamsters and harnesses and compressors and fittings and gauges and moderators and shrouds and hoses and fill stations and orings and every pellet and slug known to man.

You've set me off to pull out my Athena NX 200, been couple of weeks it's sitting in its bag. Winter-Springers-Weekends are back :) 🤗:ninja:
and those are some nice groups, there @Franklink 🦸‍♂️

Gorgeous guns and great shooting!

A few weeks ago I had a nice long outdoor shooting session with a friend, tremendous fun. We gave a lot of rifles good workouts, mostly vintage target guns and including some FWB's. Many sneer at 600 FPS these days, but those smooth-shooting oldsters pack a lot more smack than you might think, even stretched out to 25 or 30 yards.

Reactions: Franklink

View attachment 302609
View attachment 302610

View attachment 302611

View attachment 302612

FWB 600 with the same sights you describe except i replaced the front ring with a clear ring , this is probably the most often shot of my guns.

Reactions: Franklink

View attachment 302609
View attachment 302610

View attachment 302611

View attachment 302612

Yessssssssssss!🤟🎩 I am loving it!

Why practice at 10m indoors when you can shoot long range outdoors? Because it's convenient, because you can practice more and because great indoor groups translate directly into great outdoor groups! Nice shooting and nice guns!
Dont forget weather.. rain or bad wind i shoot in the shop barn. Nice pleasant day out doors . 10m is 10m in or out i just take whatever the day gives me i guess..

10 meter off hand is not easy .rifle or pistol . I love it , winters next to the cast iron wood stove , crackling fire , steady breathing, concentration ,slow movement of the pistol to above my head and settling back to aim , barely touch of the trigger . MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Me too. I built a pellet trap and practice 10M in my shop, I shoot two FWB 300S's, a FWB 601 and a FWB 80 pistol. I love the 300's, the 601 is so accurate it's almost boring to shoot, it's absolutely dead on the shot, no movement at all. The 80 can be a humbling experience but is a great shooter. I have shot some tiny five shot groups with it off a bag, heck I even shot it at one of our benchrest rifle matches and finished very well.

Reactions: beerthief