• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB 300 from JWR is awesome!!

Just got the FWB 300 that I purchased from Joe Wayne Rhea. I don't have a scope for it yet, but the trigger is amazing and the stock is beautiful. The metal was in need of some help, so I used Oxpho Blue to get a good protective coating on the metal and it turned out rather well.

Even though I have only shot a handful of pellets, I now understand why these guns are sought after!!

BTW. Joe is one hell of a good dude and one of the best I have had the pleasure to deal with!!

Thanks Aaron , really glad you like it ...I ordered some of that blue today ( I'm trying cream version ) and I'll check it out on next rebuild that needs bluing . The one I'm just finishing has kinda a cool patina and I don't want to mess it up .
BTW forgot to tell you on the phone , I tried some of that Duracoat stuff ....Never again !! It looked like it was applied with a brush ! Maybe it just takes practice , but it had a "plastic" look when it dried . It kinda looked like that rubber dip stuff for tool handles .

45 you took the words out of Aarons mouth !! He told me that EXACT thing last week . I got a new gun in this am and blue job on it was still good and I was honestly disappointed . Aarons kinda walked me thru the cold bluing process but I'm not thru picking his brain yet .
The gun today honestly had at LEAST a shot glass of grease and oil in it . you could barely see the spring inside it . I went thru an entire can of degreaser and a roll of shop towels .
I would have come out better just taking it to the car wash and spraying it down and then take it apart :)
Its rough looking but its got all new goodies inside and its gonna be a winner . Hardest part is drawing all the oil out of the wood stock . Luckily it didn't soak too deep into it . . Here she is as I got it . She's gonna be a beaut when I'm done
45 in case you didn't know AJshoots is the Dude when it comes to Marauders .