FWB FWB 300 .....anyone else have one?

Absolutely gorgeous....never seen anything quite like it.
Well, to start with it didn’t look that impressive…. I added a thin layer of brown leather color to lift the grains a bit.
5CFC776E-783C-41A3-A45E-C85A84DD2758.jpeg

9156DA2F-4619-4804-A4FD-16B76038BFA5.jpeg

I don't know. Looking at my two (post #11) the tyro is not sleeved, but the other one is. The difference in weight is immediately noticeable when you pick it up; but I've never weighed them and never have tried to remove the sleeve.
I suspect the loose sleeve on my old beech-stock 300 was an post-sale add-on, but it would be interesting to know if there are others out there.

If an FWB barrel sleeve is not epoxied on you can rotate it in place, without having to take it off. The 300 sleeve is not too heavy - it doesn't have the fatter front section like on the 300S - but having the extra weight so far in front of your hands makes a huge difference.

I suspect the loose sleeve on my old beech-stock 300 was an post-sale add-on, but it would be interesting to know if there are others out there.

If an FWB barrel sleeve is not epoxied on you can rotate it in place, without having to take it off. The 300 sleeve is not too heavy - it doesn't have the fatter front section like on the 300S - but having the extra weight so far in front of your hands makes a huge difference.
I tried turning the sleeve by hand and was unable. Didn't want to try it with vise grips. :)

Reactions: MDriskill

The only way to know if it may have been an OEM install that the epoxy failed on, would be to remove the sleeve and look for traces of adhesive on the barrel or sleeve ID.
I bought a 300S that the sleeve was loose on, but when removed there were remnants of an adhesive present.
My 300 is sans barrel sleeve though, so I could not render a competent opinion on that particular model.

Reactions: MDriskill