FWB FWB 300 .....anyone else have one?

I've had a few over the years

fwb rt with b nickel01.jpg

fwb rt with b nickel02.jpg

fwb rt with b nickel03.jpg

fwb rt with b nickel04.jpg

My beech-stocked wonder from 1969. Easily the ugliest 300 in this thread (!), but I'd put up against any of ya shootin'-wise!

It's been touched by some famous hands. A friend of mine bought it from Ron Robinson, in those halcyon pre-web days when we just mailed sell/want lists around, lol. I bought it when my bud moved on to other hobbies, after which the late Randy Bimrose rebuilt it. She shoots very hard, and very straight, to this day.

An interesting detail is the barrel sleeve is not epoxied on - making it fun to compare in both modes. I don't know whether this was a normal thing...does anyone else's 300 have a removable sleeve?
IMG_4709.jpeg

IMG_4710.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone else's 300 have a removable sleeve?
I don't know. Looking at my two (post #11) the tyro is not sleeved, but the other one is. The difference in weight is immediately noticeable when you pick it up; but I've never weighed them and never have tried to remove the sleeve.

Mine, also a 1969, came from the Munich Police Academy via Carel. It's the most accurate FWB I own, about comparable to THE most accurate old springer I own, a low mileage Anschutz 250. I wonder if the 300 in general, or the police training guns in particular were "selected" for accuracy? I've never read anywhere that there was a select category, but I'd guess that the Olympic team guns are/were?

Mine, also a 1969, came from the Munich Police Academy via Carel. It's the most accurate FWB I own, about comparable to THE most accurate old springer I own, a low mileage Anschutz 250.
Very interesting! Perhaps my 300 had a similar background? A plain beech stock with no grip cap makes sense for such a customer. Also, I once bought a walnut 300 stock with an eye to upgrading mine, but surprisingly neither the stock inletting nor trigger guard from mine would fit, so there are some other little variances in there somewhere.

Here's another slight oddity. My 1974 300S Match with Daisy markings has the "new" short cocking lever, but its stock is cut for the "old" longer 300-style one - same combo as the 300 (non-S) Tyrolean in post #16 above.

IMG_4711.jpeg

Last edited:
Awwwww man, FWB 300 Tyros on parade, and a lefty to boot!!!

My Lefty Tyro 300
20240311_114644.jpg

Detail of the cocking lever difference for those who have never known or cared.
20240311_114702.jpg

I purchased this rifle from Don R. at the Midwest Airgun Show in Columbus Ohio. Don is known across the forums as 'Oldair', and a constant at the shows I have attended.

No barrel weight, and I am not sure that I would care for one on this particular rifle, as it hangs so well when shouldered. The Tyro stock anchors well enough that my sight wobble is manageable IF my position is correct. The extra weight may dampen it a touch more though, so I definitely would not walk away from a sleeve at the right price.

Ha, I wondered who got that beauty! Don brought it to several shows, and I don't know that I've ever seen a more perfect-condition FWB match springer of any model or configuration, let alone one as rare as a lefty 300 Tyro. And boxed with all accessories and paper too, IIRC. Congrats!

Speaking of the 300 lever...two fragile-ish bit now hard to find, are the plastic trigger blade (diff from either the 150 and 300S) and the hinge pin and return spring of the sidelever latch handle. It's best to use the tip only to unlatch the lever - grab the knurled bit on the main part to finish the cocking stroke.

IMG_4712.jpeg

Last edited:
Ha, I wondered who got that beauty! Don brought it to several shows, and I don't know that I've ever seen a more perfect-condition FWB match springer of any model or configuration. And boxed with all accessories and paper IIRC. Congrats!
Thank you.

You are the one who directed me to it actually.
I had just entered the show, and was on my first lap of the tables when I stopped to speak with you. As soon as I said left handed, you hustled me over to Don and pointed at that rifle!

Reactions: Bandito
I bought this FWB300 as part of a package deal. It is a very rare gun ....apparently. I tried a Google search and turned up very limited information on it.
So, I'm reaching out to our community for some feedback about this rifle. Any information is welcome.

Thanks in advance!! JC

View attachment 444029

View attachment 444031

View attachment 444032
I owned an extremely nice example. Very sweet to shoot. I replaced the seals and gave it a thorough cleaning. The gun had it's original lube and it had petrified.
IMG_2815.JPG

1710194227564.png